wildmongoose
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2009/Honda/Shadow Spirit 750c2

Gear Shift Lever adjustment

#1 Unread post by wildmongoose »

I would like someone to shed light on how to adjust my gear shift lever on my Honda Spirit 750c2. My boot will hardly fit for shifting. :cowboy:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Gear Shift Lever adjustment

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

If you are lucky there should be an adjuster on the shifter to bring the angle of it up or down. If not (as it sounds like you have "big feat" like I do (I have the same issues) is to either:

1. Find lower toe height boots
2. Buy a 2nd gear shift pedal and have a friend/shop cut both, weld them together to get a longer one.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

You could pull the shifter off the splines and reinstall it in a different position.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Johnj wrote:You could pull the shifter off the splines and reinstall it in a different position.
Thats a really simple and good idea! Sometimes the simplist answers are the best way to go. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.