2007 boulevard question?....please help..

mkeats
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2007 gszr600

2007 boulevard question?....please help..

#1 Unread post by mkeats »

Long story short the motorcycle was parked and fell over.no force etc...got a quote from one place they said a little over thousand..couple scratches on pipes and one on right handle bar.. then supposedly after two months later taken to another shop and now it is supposedly written off, is it possible for a bike to be written off from that incident? If someone can help me i can explain a little more..can you replace the back brake or is it attached to the frame..?thank you..please respond asap..It is being blamed on me for walking beside it more or less. I think some one is blaming me for possibly another accident that has occured after the fact...thankyou

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

Re: 2007 boulevard question?....please help..

#2 Unread post by pchast »

The first thing you need to do is contact the first shop for their estimate and the pictures that they took.

I hope it was not provided by the motorcycle's owner.

Pete
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

mkeats
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2007 gszr600

Re: 2007 boulevard question?....please help..

#3 Unread post by mkeats »

I didnt ask that yet. I am going tomorrow to look at the bike to see if it is the same markings from the first incident. I didnt sign anything , nothing was reported i was just going on good faith that i wouldnt be scr----. over..I have diagram of the brake pedal and it isnt welded to the frame it is with a nut and bolt so it can be replaces and talked with several people (mechanics ) now and they stated that the pedal is very strong and it would be highly impossible to do damage to the frame so my fight is on tomorrow..lol..but thank you for your response..