Weapon Sales to Foriegn Countries

zarakand
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male

Weapon Sales to Foriegn Countries

#1 Unread post by zarakand »

Just curious if anyone saw the sale of F-16's to Pakistan. The general trend of weapon sales hasn't changed much throughout history. Nations have always sold weapons to other nations in an effort to encourage proxy wars.

The Russians and Chinese sell roughly the same amount we do to other nations, helping create proxy wars. I'm just curious if you guys find arms sales acceptable?

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#2 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Commercial self-interest is the foundation of our world: y'know, this is the same world that promisises to fulfill all our dreams - if it doesn't blast us to kingdom come first.

During the Second World War a British company was exporting steel rails to Germany, which the Germans very efficiently turned into Messerschmidt airplanes before sending them back across the North Sea to drop bombs on London. Very sensible of them. Nobody cared.

For the past forty years the major recipients of American Arms sales and military aid have also been (precisely and without exception) those areas of the world which have had the worst humanitarian records and perpretrated the greatest number of war crimes. Nice to know that some things don't change.

Statistics are so interesting.
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

oldnslo
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model1983 Yamaha Seca 900

#3 Unread post by oldnslo »

It's only business, which is the life blood of every beating heart of every American businessman. Greed rules, and if we don't do it, somebody else will, we aren't compromising any principles, we're just trying to help them defend themselves from aggressors, blah, blah, blah, blah...........
John
"83 XJ900RK

IT'S ABOUT OIL, MONEY, AND POWER, ALL OF THE TIME.

JJ
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by JJ »

There should be a UN resolution on gun control. The same as a ban on land mines. Yeah I know. Nothing's perfect but we as a global society have to start somewhere.

Just my 2 cents

JJ
Look for me at the next bike rally
middle aged, fat, black T-shirt & jeans
Easy to spot eh?

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#5 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

(Stirring the pot)
But why stop there, when you can have a US resolution on pizza, due to it high cholestrol content helping people to become obese?
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]