totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Sea levels and temperature to rise - no matter what

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Aparently from this report (below) there is nothing much we can do about Gobal Warming and we are in trouble... :shock:

Mike.

-------------------------------------------------------
Sea levels and temperature to rise - no matter what
News

New reports from the National Center for Atmospheric Research tell that sea levels and temperatures will rise over the next century, no matter what we do.

According to a new study, we are past the point of no return in regards to Global Warming. Nothing we do will stop the inevitable rising oceans and warming temperatures. The study which was posted in the journal Science by the National Center for Atmospheric Research, indicates that even if greenhouse gas levels remained as they are today, it still would not help the outcome. North America could face excessive heat waves and swarms of insects that could decimate crops.

"If you take your foot off the accelerator, the vehicle doesn't stop; it just keeps going for a while. That's essentially what's happening because of the massive thermal inertia of the ocean." stated Tom Wigley, one of the authors of the study explained.

"Many people don't realize we are committed right now to a significant amount of global warming and sea level rise because of the greenhouse gases we have already put into the atmosphere," says study author Gerald Meehl of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) in Boulder, Colo. "The longer we wait, the more climate change we are committed to in the future."

The report expects that sea levels will have risen by 25cm on average while temperatures will rise at least 0.5 degrees Celsius.

Researcher Wigley points out that this is one of the more optimistic forecasts - a worst-case scenario would be a 30cm sea level rise and a global temperature increase of 3.5 degrees Celsius.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

9000white
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by 9000white »

i have it on good authority that a life ending meteor will strike earth in 2029 so it dont really matter.
dr bob

oldnslo
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model1983 Yamaha Seca 900

#3 Unread post by oldnslo »

I have seen forcast maps of the US as it might look after global warming gets a real foothold, and the west coast runs right through Montana, and California is gone, too, along with Oregon and Washington. I wonder if that guy down near the beach who just shelled out a million for that new house has heard about this yet....
John
"83 XJ900RK

IT'S ABOUT OIL, MONEY, AND POWER, ALL OF THE TIME.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I just hope things will not be as bad as 2005 in the future... Tsunami, Avian Flu, IRAQ, Afganistan, AIDS in Africa...

Too much pain and suffering in the world already to create more man-made suffering.

Mike.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.