Should the cool wall have a Meh option?

Should the cool wall include a Meh option

Strongly agree...yes, and Mike should be staked out on top of an ant hill with various tender bits of his body smeared with jam and left there until his agrees to give us our entitled Meh button
27%
Somewhat agree....I guess it would be nice at times
45%
Meh......couldn't care less one way or another
9%
Somewhat disagree...I don't really see the need, but I guess it would be okay
18%
Strongly disagree...NO, its perfect the way it is, MIKE IS GOD!!!!...and those that disagree and cry for a Meh option should be staked out on an ant hill with various tender bits of their bodies smeared with jam and left there until they see reason.
No votes

Total votes: 11

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Should the cool wall have a Meh option?

#1 Unread post by ceemes »

Most of the bikes put up for consideration on our cool wall generate some heated pro or con debates, then there are those milquetoast bike that for the life of them have no passion, charm or what have you, the so-called Meh bikes. So, do we want and need a Meh option?
Always ask why.

Kage909
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 1999 Kawasaki en500 vulcan

Re: Should the cool wall have a Meh option?

#2 Unread post by Kage909 »

Don't rly see the need. :shooting2:

uncool/notcool option that is worth 1 point is pretty much a meh. :motorcycle:

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#3 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I actually like the challenge of having to choose whether a bike is kinda cool or kinda uncool. Otherwise it'd be too easy to pick Meh most of the time.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#4 Unread post by jstark47 »

Oh, hell yes!! There's been bikes I just didn't vote on because there was no "meh" vote. Bikes that were mechanically competent enough, but whose design was so uninspired, so derivative, so banal, that Meh was the only possible reaction.

Now as to the part about staking Mike out on an anthill....... I'll let Andrea determine that!! :lol:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

LOL! Great topic. And it's been one that has been in the air now for many years. Love the "with various tender bits of his body smeared with jam and left there until his agrees "... can I at least pick the flavor of jam? :)

My take on it, is if I gave a "meh" option, then it's the "easy way out" of not really having much/any opinion and heck, I like people to have an opinion and state it, it helps everyone reading the discussion (for years to come) and helps break out the vote better. The vast majority of bikes are designed to be not so "meh" IMO and you'll either like it or not.

Right now the votes go as follows:

Awesome: 3
Cool: 2
Uncool: 1
Fail: 0

Then are all tallied up and averaged. A "meh" option would still have a point assigned to it (1.5) so even then it would still influence the end average tally. So if you are unsure, a Cool (2) or Uncool (1) vote is pretty much a "meh+ or meh-"... lol.

It's easy to add, but would it really do much? If you want it, I'm not 100% opposed.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#6 Unread post by Hanson »

I rarely give an awesome or a fail. Few bikes are awesome, while the number of modern motorcycles that are total failures is diminishingly small. Most often I am compelled to choose between cool and uncool, with the terms themselves granting implicit permission to include personal bias in the form intangible aesthetics.

I think some rather ugly, practical, cost effective bikes are cool or even awesome, many of which would make those whose hearts lust after big v-twin chrome encrusted monstrosities puke.

I respect that this is a diverse community and am happy to be witness to a wide range of motorcycle subcultures and would much rather riders express strong and passionate views about the motorcycles presented on the cool wall, then that they take a middle of the road approach by casting a vote for, "Meh", or I just don't care one way or another.

If you don't care, simply indicate your indifference by abstaining. Democracy is grossly overrated anyway.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#7 Unread post by ceemes »

Wow....I originally posted this almost 16 months ago and it got no traction....and now it's a hot topic????? As for the jam to be used, Strawberry of course, nothing is as traditional and tasty as Strawberry jam.......
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote:Wow....I originally posted this almost 16 months ago and it got no traction....and now it's a hot topic????? As for the jam to be used, Strawberry of course, nothing is as traditional and tasty as Strawberry jam.......
LOL! #Trending topic. :)

Hmmm, strawberry jam. :mrgreen:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.