Ontario Teens Admit to Texting While Driving

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Ontario Teens Admit to Texting While Driving

#1 Unread post by ceemes »

On the CBC website, there is a story about how more than one-third of teen-aged students may have texted behind the wheel of the car they were driving. This story spurred on some interested comments and I came across this right fvktard comment.

Jagger_5 wrote: I am 33 years old. I text and drive all the time. Very clearly, it is less safe to drive while texting. However, it's also less safe to change the radio station.

Regardless of what the law says, I will continue to text while driving. Having said this........I do not think it's a big deal. I only divert my attention from the road for short periods of time. I think the bigger deal is that while doing this, I have to look out for the police as well. I know this is a radical thought, but perhaps the safest course of action is to allow people to text, but teach them how to do it safely. I just blew your mind,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(My reply which had been allowed for awhile then mysteriously banned by the 3rd party Mods)

In that case, as a 50 something motorcyclist who has already been once t-boned off his bike by a cell phone using driver running a red light, claim the right of pro-active self-defense when I come across you texting while driving, meaning I am allowed to use any and all measures, including the immediate use of potentially lethal force, to remove the clear and present threat that you, a self-centred, self-important, self-righteous, self-entitled and ignorant prat present to all road users in general and motorcyclist in particular.
Always ask why.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Re: Ontario Teens Admit to Texting While Driving

#2 Unread post by dr_bar »

And that was censored??? I can see they're concerned about the safety of the public in Ont...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

dr_bar wrote:And that was censored??? I can see they're concerned about the safety of the public in Ont...
Blanket censorship actually, all the posts I put there on the subject are now blocked and banned, even one that aren't controversial. I must of stepped on someones toes. Love to find out the name of the 3rd party firm they outsourced their moderation to.

What is surprising is that the OP's post basically advocating breaking the law and bragging about is still up.
Always ask why.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

ceemes wrote:
dr_bar wrote:And that was censored??? I can see they're concerned about the safety of the public in Ont...
Blanket censorship actually, all the posts I put there on the subject are now blocked and banned, even one that aren't controversial. I must of stepped on someones toes. Love to find out the name of the 3rd party firm they outsourced their moderation to.
Mike can probably find out. :mrgreen: :shock: :twisted:

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Here is a grim example of driving and using the cell and not paying attention while driving.

Every kid or adult who thinks it's ok to text and drive should be made to sit and watch news stories and videos of the consequences.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 93694.html

This is so tragic and it didn't need to happen.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#6 Unread post by ceemes »

blues2cruise wrote:Here is a grim example of driving and using the cell and not paying attention while driving.

Every kid or adult who thinks it's ok to text and drive should be made to sit and watch news stories and videos of the consequences.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 93694.html

This is so tragic and it didn't need to happen.

I may seem cold-hearted, unsympathetic and callous, but all I can say that thankfully she only took herself out and not some innocent.
Always ask why.