totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Plans for the "off season"?

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

madjak30 wrote:Also eyeballing the Versys 1000, the 2014 Suzuki V Strom 1000....
I can whole heartily recommend the 1st gen V-Strom 650, the 1000 was pretty much the same oomph as it has more weight to pull but the engine wasn't as smooth and more thirsty. The DL650 could go 500 miles on a tank! The Versys 1000 is a really sweet bike, I saw it/sat on it the day it was released and it's a cross between a inline-4 sportbike and a tourer. I'd go for that myself if I wanted that power for touring, but if it was for dual-sport, I wouldn't consider a inline-4 off-road really. But if you are looking for muscle-touring, the Versys 1000 is right in that ball park.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

As for winter plans for me, there isn't nearly as much excitement as what y'all are doing as I bought my new bike last year. (wow, it's been 1 year, I'll have to post that in my blog now). So I'll just be continuing to ride over the winter and enjoy year-round riding! Never know how long that opportunity might last so I plan on taking advantage of it as much as possible. :D

There are NO motorcycle shows in Houston, TX; can you believe it!? 4th largest city in the USA and no motorcycle show? For shame!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#13 Unread post by sunshine229 »

LOL had to laugh because I just came out of the off season in September... ;)

I have no plans on switching up my Ninja 650R, I love it waaaayyyy too much!
Andrea :sun: