I voted- did you?

storysunfolding
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

I voted- did you?

#1 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I went off to the polls today to do my civic duty. After a year of discussing candidates with friends and family I made the right decision. However, unlike many other districts, I had the option of voting for a Jedi Master

:starwars:

No, I'm not just using the best smilie- check it out http://www.honestyandethics.com/he/default.asp

Two surprises from today.

After a 30 minute wait to get to the registration table I found two lines. Line 1 was about a 15 minute wait for an electronic voting booth. Line 2 was for paper ballots and completely empty. Since we had time my wife and I decided to wait for the electronic ballot, but even the people complaining about how long the process was taking mostly refused to jump to the paper ballot line. After watching maybe 80 people vote, I only saw at most 10 people choose paper ballots.

The electronic voting machine was interesting. Some people were taking upward of 5 minutes. However, we had seen the sample ballot the week before and made our choices. Given the preponderance of sample ballots, and voting material across the wall I couldn't fathom why people were taking so long. Then I entered the booth.

The electronic ballot was fairly simple. However unless you pressed the leftmost portion of the selection it did not register. It literally didn't pick up my selections unless I pressed in the leftmost fifth of the selection. By the 45 minute mark after the polls opened the election officials were already frustrated with the machines. Only another 12 hours and 15 minutes to go.

Ps- I voted for the communist.... If you don't know who that is don't worry. Neither did the asshat of exit poller that yelled at my wife. She was waiting for me beyond the threshold that he was allowed to cross and he did not like that one bit. Anyway- that poll is going to have a larger margin of error.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: I voted- did you?

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

Main candidates this year are dumb and dumber. The scarier part is that you don't know who is who...
I'll vote later today when the polls open.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

MmeMagpie
Elite
Elite
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C

#3 Unread post by MmeMagpie »

Nothing but pen and paper ballots for us out here in the Wild West. Kinda like going to take the SAT, but the results are posted in the paper and I won't get any letters from ivy league colleges trying to recruit my brain.
Ooooooh. Shiny!

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

Being Canadian, I am not eligible to vote in our Southern Cousin's weird form of Democracy, however I will say this. Even back as far the 2004 Democratic Race, I said that Obama was basically an empty shirt, but he won and he was for all his fault, head and shoulders better then the horror show that the Republicans field. Personally I figured Hillary Clinton would of been a better choice and she has bigger balls then all the male Republican and Democratic contenders combined.

This year, Obama is still an empty shirt, tho he has done some good given the obstruction he has faced in the Republican controlled Congress and he is still the better choice. If you are middle class, lower middle class or god forbid, lower class, then voting for Mitt and his Teabagger boy blunder VEEP is akin to cutting your own throat to cure a cough. Mitt cares little for the average wage slave and anyone who is not in the top 10 percentile of wealth who votes for Mitt is basically voting against their own economic self-interest.

The basic fact is you are more then likely gonna get screwed no matter who wins, however with Obama, you will at least get a preliminary kiss first and a complimentary reach around, Mitt on the other hand wont kiss you, nor use lube and is likely to use a sandpaper condom (grit on the outside) on you.
Always ask why.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

MmeMagpie wrote:Nothing but pen and paper ballots for us out here in the Wild West. Kinda like going to take the SAT, but the results are posted in the paper and I won't get any letters from ivy league colleges trying to recruit my brain.
Paper ballots are the way to go, too easy to screw around with electronic voting machines.
Always ask why.

storysunfolding

#6 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Always love the Canadian thought.
My Blog

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#7 Unread post by Wrider »

I am sure my vote went to waste, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for either of the morons. I voted for Gary Johnson.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#8 Unread post by HYPERR »

What is it with Florida? :aaarggh:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

storysunfolding

#9 Unread post by storysunfolding »

It's much more important to vote for senate/house. The executive branch is sexy, but the least powerful. However look how the dems pushed the stimulus through in 2009 and how the republicans/tea party have stopped the passage of bills leading to some of the least effective (based on ability to pass legislation) of american history.
My Blog

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Last I looked Romney had a lead but not as much as you would think. Most likely going to come down to the wire (again).

As Canadian citizens but living in the USA, we are not allowed to vote in the US elections.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.