Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Pikes Peak Hill Climb

#1 Unread post by Wrider »

Figured you guys would find this interesting...

This is the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. The very first year that it's been fully paved, so they ran an R1 up it. The guy came in 14th overall with a time of 11:02. 2nd in his class (exhibition), 4th fastest motorcycle (new motorcycle record was set by a Ducati Multistrada with a factory rider this year).

This, however, is an Evo that went off. The point that it impacted is 100 ft down in elevation from the road. The cage was built to NASA (roadracing organization, not space exploration) specs with some upgrades for the hill. Amazingly, even though the co-driver's seat ripped its bolts through 1/8" steel plates welded to the floorpan, and cracking said codriver's helmet, apparently both are "banged up a bit, but relatively ok" with no broken bones, internal injuries, or head injuries...
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Pikes Peak Hill Climb

#2 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Wowzers! Watching the first one makes me drool... seriously, how awesome! The crash vid is pretty crazy and not something I want to ever experience first hand. LOL ;)
Andrea :sun:

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Pikes Peak Hill Climb

#3 Unread post by Wrider »

So that guy that posted up about beta testing a while ago? I got some vid going up the same road on Saturday... I'll have to see if I can figure out how to upload certain parts of it!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha