High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: Total Motorcycle's New Cage

#22 Unread post by High_Side »

I've been waiting for the pics to arrive as I heard about this baby on the phone a while ago. And love the green. It's hard to believe that the 6 kicks out so much hp. Back when the standard 5.0 GT was rated at 220hp with the V-8 and they seemed to really go! Time for you guys to go on a road trip back to cow-town :cowboy: so you can take your friends for a ride!

Congrats buys. Awesome car!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#23 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:Nice car TMW! I didn't know you were a car buff.
Yes sir, just could never really afford a really good muscle in the past, but I have always had a thing for muscle cars since an early age. The retro ones I really love the look of, say mid-60's to early 70's, but these new retro rods (like the mustang and challenger) really look retro good. My dad had a 1968 Road Runner and I have pics of him and my mom in it and since then I always wanted to buy one... I might even see if I can wire in a road runner horn or put a RR decal on this one to honor him... in fact, I used the verylittle inheritance I got when my dad passed away for this car as I said that is what I was going to do with it. :D
sapaul wrote:He is into green, bet the next bike is a KAWA
LOL... my last bike was a Kawasaki ZR7F... just it was blue not green... although I've ALWAYS been partial to the Kawasaki ZRX1200R in green.
High_Side wrote:I've been waiting for the pics to arrive as I heard about this baby on the phone a while ago. And love the green. It's hard to believe that the 6 kicks out so much hp. Back when the standard 5.0 GT was rated at 220hp with the V-8 and they seemed to really go! Time for you guys to go on a road trip back to cow-town :cowboy: so you can take your friends for a ride!

Congrats buys. Awesome car!
We just took possession of our house today so no pics today of it, but I did get to drive it to and from the house (about 30 mins) and in massive bumper-to-bumper traffic (argh)... but it will squeal the tires when you are bored. :D Pics to come, I assure you. Can't wait to get it in my garage and put in the CAI and get a black spoiler for it. (it's a color matched one right now on it).

I hear you about the V6 at 305hp, it's amazing as the 2010 GT v8 was 310hp. You are more than welcome to drive it. :D I just have to keep it under 4k rpm for now for the break-in, then it's rockets at full! :devil:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#24 Unread post by dr_bar »

Here with the new house, new car, more than likely new bikes on their way, I thought maybe you were going to throw tickets in the mail and fly all of TMW down for a house warming and testdrive ... :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

dr_bar wrote:Here with the new house, new car, more than likely new bikes on their way, I thought maybe you were going to throw tickets in the mail and fly all of TMW down for a house warming and testdrive ... :o)
What a great idea! I'd love to have a house warming party! Free BBQ and Booze for all. :D

We also can't wait for a couple "new" (they will be used) motorcycles too. But, you won't believe this, we have to take our written tests and practical tests over again to get licences for the car and motrocycles (unless I really can convince those at the DMV)... but as it sits right now, we need to wait 30 days, then take our written tests to get learners, then take a MSF bike course, then go for the drivers exam... OH BOY.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#26 Unread post by dr_bar »

So I can expect my tickets in the mail really soon???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

High_Side

#27 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
dr_bar wrote:Here with the new house, new car, more than likely new bikes on their way, I thought maybe you were going to throw tickets in the mail and fly all of TMW down for a house warming and testdrive ... :o)
What a great idea! I'd love to have a house warming party! Free BBQ and Booze for all. :D

We also can't wait for a couple "new" (they will be used) motorcycles too. But, you won't believe this, we have to take our written tests and practical tests over again to get licences for the car and motrocycles (unless I really can convince those at the DMV)... but as it sits right now, we need to wait 30 days, then take our written tests to get learners, then take a MSF bike course, then go for the drivers exam... OH BOY.

Mike
So that driving history that i sent you was all for naught?

High_Side

#28 Unread post by High_Side »

Interesting video. Makes you wonder about what could happen with the mods you are considering: :mrgreen:

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#29 Unread post by mogster »

Nice car :) but sorry I don't like the colour :(
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#30 Unread post by ceemes »

Not all that amazing a V-6 can pull that type of HP, the Europeans and Japanese have been doing it for ages and with more impressive HP numbers, what is amazing that a North American V-6 is pulling that kind of HP.
Always ask why.