The big move :)

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: The big move :)

#11 Unread post by ceemes »

sapaul wrote:Ceemes, have you ever lived in the UK ...................................... just asking ?
I was born there, a little town called Seaford in East Sussex, right where the Seven Sisters begin.

I have to admit I have liven the majority of my life here on the Best errr, I mean the West Coast of Canada, but I have lots of friends and family back in the UK and for my money, the UK has some of the best riding roads going, once you get off the main roads and start exploring the B roads, especially up North. Roads here in North America I find tend to be rather boring...either they are long straight stretches of highway, or they have been "gentified" ie straightened and full of traffic lights and ugh, traffic.
Always ask why.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#12 Unread post by madjak30 »

I will probably have another opportunity in the next couple of years...I passed on moving to New Mexico two years ago...I was pretty interested, but wifey wasn't...but she is starting to get tired of the Canadian winters (although this year has been pretty mild), and we aren't getting any younger!

I have a feeling she will want our kids to graduate in Canadian public schools, then possibly move, so if that's the case our youngest are in grade four right now...so maybe when I hit about 2500 posts...hehehe

That doesn't mean I won't be exploring the States on my bike...once I convince wifey that I'm capable of going on trips without crashing my bike, I should be able to start venturing farther than just into BC...so who knows...maybe even a family trip where I ride & they drive?? I'm gonna try that one this season when we go to Fairmont Hot Springs...nice riding country around there!!

Great people down in Texas, very friendly state! (mind you, I haven't been too many places where I didn't think that...haven't been to New York yet though)

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#13 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

So that explains the faired bike/hot climate question. Good luck, and start practicing that twang, y'all.

(But seriously, from the point of view of a non-North American, a good Texas accent seems to be getting rarer and rarer, especially in the big cities, and when dealing with young'uns).
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#14 Unread post by Wrider »

Ya see now... Y'all just gotta get to know us 'Mericans. Mosta us kin do a purdy good Texas accent if we wont ta. (I'm from a tourism/military town, I can imitate any accent from any part of the US and a good portion of the countries haha.)
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#15 Unread post by dr_bar »

Wrider wrote:Ya see now... Y'all just gotta get to know us 'Mericans. Mosta us kin do a purdy good Texas accent if we wont ta. (I'm from a tourism/military town, I can imitate any accent from any part of the US and a good portion of the countries haha.)
So, can you imitate James Doohans accent? You know, Scotty from Star Trek???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#16 Unread post by Wrider »

Lol haven't met too many Scots, so my Scottish isn't that great. Can, but not that great. Tends to be Texan, North-Eastern US, Midwest, English, (and thanks to technical help lines) Indian... lol
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#17 Unread post by dr_bar »

Wrider wrote:Lol haven't met too many Scots, so my Scottish isn't that great. Can, but not that great. Tends to be Texan, North-Eastern US, Midwest, English, (and thanks to technical help lines) Indian... lol

Goes to show ya don't read properly, I said James, not his character "Scotty"... LOL James Doohan was born here in Vancouver and he might have said the odd "eh" but absolutely no Scottish accent at all... :laughing:

Just testing you... :mrgreen:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"