E bay bidding

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

E bay bidding

#1 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Have you made bids on ebay? What was your experience?

I noticed this when I made my first purchases at ebay a few months ago...for camera batteries....the second I put in a bid, it was immediately outbid. It happened a few times.

This evening I was looking for something on ebay and made a bid...it was immediately outbid....I made a higher bid three more times, but it was subsequently immediately outbid...I then stopped and found something to purchase right away for a fixed price.

I got the feeling that there was some kind of bot that was programmed to keep upbidding as soon as a bid was made.

Is it true? Have the sellers got some program that up bids immediately forcing people to bid more?

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: E bay bidding

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

It's an option when you bid actually.
Say you want a pair of riding pants, you are willing to pay 200 dollars for them (really nice ones obviously lol), but right now they're going for 25 dollars. You put in your max bid of 200, and every time someone else bids, it'll raise to the minimum it can above theirs, until it hits your limit. Say they get in a bid for 199, and the price must raise by 5 dollars for the next bid, they'll win it for 199 versus your 200.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

dirt dobber
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2010 HD sportster XL1200 custom

#3 Unread post by dirt dobber »

i bought a pair of lower chaps for my engine guard for my H-D, price was something like 35$ so, i bid 40 well that evening i won for 36$. i thought how did that happin, i bid 40? so i bought them for 36 + ship. nice one too.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Thanks for the replies.

I got Nikon camera batteries from ebay.....that experience was successful so I tried again last night and bought 3d video glasses....I got some with the TV I bought but a friend broke a pair accidently....