Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Since Mike is too humble to ask us!

#1 Unread post by Wrider »

Hey there guys and gals! I just wanted to remind you all that this time of the year is typically DONATION TIME!!!

For those that don't know, and those that need to be reminded, Mike (totalmotorcycle) runs this site by himself and with the help of his beautiful Mrs. Andrea. They run this site out of love and definitely not out of profiteering motives, so we need to help them out! I can guarantee you he could have sold this site a dozen times to the typical forum companies that run these for a profit, but he hasn't. That says a ton about the guy who really does run it for his love of riding.

He runs the bare minimum of ads that he can, and when he is making enough on certain ads, he cuts others just to keep them from becoming annoying to us. He also cuts ones that are extra annoying (like a few years ago when the smiley ads made noises), and ones he deems potentially offensive for a family oriented site.

He also brings us the latest news on motorcycles, motorcycle racing, news, etc, and is an official press release agent of almost every freaking manufacturer you can possibly think of!!!

And if that's not enough, he's so humble that he truly hates posting up threads about donation, because he hates asking people for money to help run the site, so that's what I'm here for this year! So come on people, let's help Mike and Andrea out, keep them out of bankruptcy, and keep this site running for new and experienced riders alike!!!

Or else.... :wink:
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Re: Since Mike is too humble to ask us!

#2 Unread post by dr_bar »

Great post Wrider, I regrettably will not be able to donate at my previous level, but I will be sending something Mikes way this spring... Maybe he'll be home by then???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks Ryan (Wrider)! Your post hit the nail exactly on the head there!

It's true, I actively keep the ads down to the bare minimum and even eliminate a slew of ads on a weekly basis that I find just too annoying for Total Motorcycle visitors. Also I have been approached many times each year to sell your information, which, I just won't do (unlike many other sites out there), I've turned down tens of thousands of dollars to keep your privacy safe. I also pay to upgrade the Total Motorcycle server (bandwidth, server space, resources) often (like I just did 2 days ago buying another 500MB of server space).

All this does hit me in the pocketbook but I didn't start Total Motorcycle to make money (but you all know that by now) but to help as many people as possible (that's my gauge of success). The more I can reach the more proud of not only the site but it's visitors and members helping each other out on a massive scale. I just wish http://www.google.com would list sites like http://www.totalmotorcycle.com much higher than the spam sites out there to make google even a better search engine. :grouphug2:

Donations do help, but these are hard times for us all and I hate to reach out and ask for anything. Many can't afford it and most don't want to be bugged so if you want to donate cash, that's GREAT ( walloffame.htm ), but if you just want to help out, just post and tell others about Total Motorcycle, or even click on a few orange underline ads each day that interest you.

:hooray: Every little bit helps, even just visiting. :D :winner:

Have a great day!!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#4 Unread post by madjak30 »

I forgot...the link for Motorcycle Superstore seems to be broken...brings up a blank window for me...

Motorcycle Superstore

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

madjak30 wrote:I forgot...the link for Motorcycle Superstore seems to be broken...brings up a blank window for me...

Motorcycle Superstore

Later.
Do you mean the link at the bottom of each page here in the forum? Seems to work fine now (looks like they updated their site so maybe that was it?).

BTW - Those are my affiliate links, only get paid (about 2%) if you use the link to buy something from them. But it helps. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Wrider »

Okay, well it seems I'm a bit of a moron and forgot to actually send in my donation earlier when I posted this thread!
*Puts self in stocks to have stuff thrown at me.*
I also noticed I can't find the email to send some money through Paypal or however else you might prefer to receive donations.
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hi Ryan,

No worries mate! I could actually use a few donations this month as I am expecting to increase the bandwidth of Total Motorcycle as I'm worried it will run over (it almost did last month when we hit 99% use and if April had 31 days in it...).

Anyways, I was going to run a May Bandwidth Donation Run but as this thread's title says "Mike's too humble to ask" that couldn't be more accurate.

Oh yes, the donation page link: walloffame.htm there you go. :D

Mike

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by Wrider »

A little bit sent, I'll do my best to send a donation a couple of times a year. :)