Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

Re: If Only.................

#21 Unread post by sapaul »

Stunning stuff

I still love my South Africa though, huge deviation from the coast to the flat inland and the mountains. We are young as far a democracy is concerned, but the land is ancient
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#22 Unread post by mogster »

Wow!

Anyone got a spare job/house/work permit?? I have started packing & will be over very soon :lol:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#23 Unread post by madjak30 »

Careful what you wish for Mog...you might just find it...there is no shortage of work here if you are willing to go get it...

The company I work for has 1272 full time positions that they are currently looking to fill...and 32 more in the States...most are trades positions, some are administration/clerical and some are management...and we are only one company...there is work here, and foreign workers are part of the workforce planning...

Just sayin'

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#24 Unread post by High_Side »

madjak30 wrote:Careful what you wish for Mog...you might just find it...there is no shortage of work here if you are willing to go get it...

The company I work for has 1272 full time positions that they are currently looking to fill...and 32 more in the States...most are trades positions, some are administration/clerical and some are management...and we are only one company...there is work here, and foreign workers are part of the workforce planning...

Just sayin'

Later.
The small print says that it was minus 32 C this morning on the way to work.. Beyond that little thing we really live in a vacuum here where it is a beautiful place to live, and there is just not enough people to filll the high paying technical jobs. The downside? Too much freaking work. I have been hiring for the past 7 years and the primary reason that everyone is moving around (beside the ever competetive salaries) is that they are tired. Tired of the overtime, and tired of the stress. Its hard to believe when you know what else is happening in the world.

So please come on over Mogster if you are ready to work and love to ride!

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#25 Unread post by madjak30 »

High_Side wrote:The small print says that it was minus 32 C this morning on the way to work.. Beyond that little thing we really live in a vacuum here where it is a beautiful place to live, and there is just not enough people to filll the high paying technical jobs. The downside? Too much freaking work. I have been hiring for the past 7 years and the primary reason that everyone is moving around (beside the ever competetive salaries) is that they are tired. Tired of the overtime, and tired of the stress. Its hard to believe when you know what else is happening in the world.

So please come on over Mogster if you are ready to work and love to ride!
The minus 32C stuff is only 10 to 15 days a year...so never mind that...it's lovely here...clear blue skies 90% of the time, and lots of work...

So, yes, come on over...and bring friends........LOTS OF THEM!!

Later. :mrgreen:

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#26 Unread post by mogster »

High_Side wrote: The small print says that it was minus 32 C this morning on the way to work.
Admittedly I haven't lived in a climate as cold as that, but don't forget I am Scottish & actually miss "proper" weather :lol:
Here in the south of England on the rare occasions we get snow the whole population goes into panic mode & transport links totally fall apart.

As for work - I am a theatre nurse (OR) & my fella is a mechanic.

What kind of healthcare system do you have ie private or state run?

It's unlikely that we would emigrate on a permanent basis but I might well investigate a 2 year contract option.

So guess what my if only might have evolved into a trip to Canada :D :canada:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#27 Unread post by High_Side »

Our health care is ran by the province howeVer there are more and more private clkinicss popping up. I believe that there are lots of opportunities for both of you here, being technical with certification.. Try googling Alberta nursing opportunities for British ex-pats or something like that.

A few other things to consider:
1) The only booming provinces in Canuckistan at the moment are Alberta and Saskatchewan. Alberta is 12 hours from the ocean and Saskatchewean is even farther. That might be a consideration for someone whose hatched on an island.

2). Its fairly expensive to live here compared to the rest of Canada but compared to where you come from it's dirt cheap. Gas right now is approximately a dollar a litre..... :)

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#28 Unread post by dr_bar »

High_Side wrote: Its fairly expensive to live here compared to the rest of Canada but compared to where you come from it's dirt cheap. Gas right now is approximately a dollar a litre..... :)
Have ya looked at housing costs in BC?

http://www.livingin-canada.com/house-prices-canada.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#29 Unread post by madjak30 »

Yes...that's why we call it Bring Cash...and the job market isn't as good either...Alberta wins!! WOOHOO...but it is prettier there...and warmer...but the cost of living there isn't worth it to me...I'll just visit!!

Later.