Steve Jobs - he's a goner kids

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Steve Jobs - he's a goner kids

#1 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

An intense guy... aged 56... worth billions... made some significant fun along the way in the computer industry, and with larger media...

I am sure there will be many Steve Jobs' bios coming soon, although I always liked Steve Wozniak's contributions and ideals much more than Jobs' business and salesmanship. Jobs was as aggressive a salesman as the Microsoft nutters. Watch for more of the reality distortion field to be boosted up, but hopefully people read up on more of larger story rather than the hype.
Attachments
apple.jpg
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Steve Jobs - he's a goner kids

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Will people remember Apple for it's computer or it's iPhones/iPads/iPods?

I used Apple when it first came out (ya, that was a long time ago) and they were nice niche (overprised) computers (still are). I never bought one but used and worked on them professionally for many, many years.

56 is quite young to go.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

My first computer was an Orange IIe, an Apple IIe clone. Had external floppy drives and I do mean floppies, (who here remembers the old 5.25 inch floppies made of cardboard?) one to run the O/S and the other to run whatever programme I wanted to use. I had to run a patch cord from the back of my computer into my VHS VCR in order to use my TV as my monitor.

Later I upgraded to an Apple Plus with a Super Drive, which meant I could read and use PC based discs. That one was a killer machine, I had an external 50 Meg Hard Drive, a state of the art 14.4 modem, ink jet printer and even upgraded the ram from 1Meg to 4Megs myself. Ran MS Office on it and it got me through BCIT. My project partners would give me their PC discs with various word or excel documents on them, I'd pop it into the super drive and bingo, I could work on their files and save them to DOS or Windows3.1 format no problem.

Looking back at it, that little machine did pretty much everything I do today except for web applications. Also, the Plus only had a gray scale display, but what the hell, nice little bit of kit of its day.
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Thanks for the great ride, Steve.

I'm fairly meh with the computers (I work with them, but would never shell out the cash to actually buy one).

But the iPod (along with iTunes, podcasts, the iTunes store, etc.) changed the way I consumed music, and later, other kinds of media.

Plus, the dude turned Pixar into what it is today, possibly the studio with the most consistent track record of producing quality flicks.

So, props to him, and rest in peace.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Hondagirl
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Motard XR400

#5 Unread post by Hondagirl »

It's sad though. Too young to die and I liked the motto people are quoting him as following.
May he rest in peace.
Honda Motard XR400
Traded: Honda SL230 and Yamaha XJR400

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#6 Unread post by dr_bar »

No offence to Steve Jobs, but...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#7 Unread post by mogster »

I hear that to mark the death of their greatest ever salesman Apple are giving away loads of Ipads.

Anyone else see the irony in this? :?

I hope this young death raises the profile of research/treatment into pancreatic cancer, as sometimes diagnosis to death = 6wks!

Maybe Apple can set up a fund????
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#8 Unread post by Wrider »

mogster wrote:I hear that to mark the death of their greatest ever salesman Apple are giving away loads of Ipads.

Anyone else see the irony in this? :?

I hope this young death raises the profile of research/treatment into pancreatic cancer, as sometimes diagnosis to death = 6wks!

Maybe Apple can set up a fund????
But at the same time he tried homeopathic treatments for a year until it became too late for modern medicine to treat him.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#9 Unread post by mogster »

Wrider wrote:
mogster wrote:
But at the same time he tried homeopathic treatments for a year.
Am not against any homeoopathic/alternative health options, in fn fact I embrace them. However, in the dire & often desperate world of diagnosis/prognosis pancreatic cancer is unfortunately often quick & unforgiving.

Perhaps in a cruel yet wider scenario had Steve Jobs died quicker (+ patrick swaze) people would have been more alerted to the research?
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land