mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

Native American advice please

#1 Unread post by mogster »

This is a bit of a long shot but I am hoping someone may be able to help.

A good friend Cherokee Lee, has recently died & will be buried next week. He had no money & will unfortunately have only a "paupers" funeral, ie no service or celebrant.

Another good friend will say a eulogy graveside, & we are trying to get a good turnout to attend. The idea will be to "pass a hat" to raise fund for a headstone.

Lee was affectionately known as Cherokee as he was proud of his half blood heritage as a member of the NEZ PERCE tribe.

I have done some research & it seems that the tribe are now based in Idaho but roamed as far as Canada in previous times.

Can anyone give me ideas as how to honour his Nez Perce heritage at the graveside? Is there a suitable poem, or are there rituals or objects that we could incorporate?

I would be most grateful if anyone could post some ideas or point me to another resource.

Happy Hunting.
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: Native American advice please

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

PM sent.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

Re: Native American advice please

#3 Unread post by mogster »

Glad to report (belatedly), that graveside service went well, with a respectful turnout.

We were all invited to say a few words, so I spoke up for the ladies & commented on what a charmer Lee was & a snappy dresser.

Another good friend read (very emotionally) a North American prayer, which was quite moving.

The minister closed with an Irish prayer, to reflect both sides of his bloodline.

RIP Cherokee
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land