8. View this Image:

ldrlongdistancerider.com/images/The_March_of_Tyranny.jpg

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: Eight Point Plan to Restore Our Republic

#2 Unread post by ceemes »

ironboltbruce wrote: 1. End the Fed.
And replace it with what? Like it or not, Central Banks such as the Federal Reserve, The Bank of Canada, or the Bank of England do serve an important purpose and as such are a necessary evil. So instead of looking to abolish the Fed, how about looking for ways and means of making it accountable to the people of the nation it is meant to serve?
ironboltbruce wrote: 2. Reverse Citizens United.
I have absolutely no idea what this means and I strongly doubt many here do. You may want to explain and expand on this so we know what you are going on about.
ironboltbruce wrote: 3. Repeal PATRIOT Act.
Ah the PATRIOT Act, arguably one of the most draconian bits of legislation ever drafted to curtail the rights and freedoms of the citizenry since the long dead Canadian War Measures Act. I guess an argument can be made about having it repealed, or at amended so that it removes some of the more questionable aspects of it.
ironboltbruce wrote: 4. Expose 9/11 Truth.
Now I for one find a lot about the official story of the events of 9/11 questionable and do make me ask WTF? But which truths are you speaking of? I have heard so many conflicting theories that I can't keep them straight. So exactly what are you asking for?
ironboltbruce wrote:
5. End Profit Wars.
Okay, nice sounding tag line, but rather vague and open to interpretation. Are we talking about ending actual shooting wars designed solely to line the pockets of the economic and political elites? Or are we talking about the war against the middle class and working population conducted by Corporations in a bid to make greater profits and enslave us all? Or are we talking about the wars between Corporations who are trying to generate a greater profit over their rivals? Three different scenario's, each with different problems and solutions. Best expand and explain what you mean before someone gets the wrong idea.
ironboltbruce wrote:
6. Refund Taxpayer Trillions.
Great idea, except for a couple of problems. First, where is the money going to come from, and how do you plan to fairly divide it up? Also, how are you planning on dealing with the economic ramifications of suddenly dumping Trillions of dollars into the hands of the population? Ideal sounds nice, I mean who couldn't use a few extra thousand of dollars, however I could well do without the hyper-inflation and breakdown of the social order from this plan.
ironboltbruce wrote: 7. Imprison the Kleptocrats.
Who are these Kleptocrats? How do we define a Kleptocrat? Who decides who is or is not a Kleptocrat? What crime have they committed warranting imprisonment and for how long? To be honest, sound both like a witch hunt and the Jewish Holocaust in the making.
ironboltbruce wrote: 8. Single Term Limits.
Good way to get rid of a bad politician, and a bad way to punish a good one. I know Americans are addicted to quick fix solutions, but lets face it, it takes time to make changes and repair damage done by a bad administration. I've read that many Americans are losing faith in Obama, mainly because he was not able to wave some magical wand and instantly cure all the damage that fvck up Bush left him. And so are actually considering voting back in the same crowd that got them into this mess in the first place.

Instead of term limits, how about the population and electoric get off their fat lazy a$$es, educate themselves in matters of fiscal policy, economics, world events, history and the like, then instead of blindly voting the party line, make informed decisions in electing those who run the nation. They then could assess the performance of an incumbent against the potential of a challenger and decided whether or not to reward the incumbent with a new mandate, or kick their butts out of office.

Actually a lot of what you posted is little more then the same old, same old quick fix jargon of Ron Paul and really has no basis in the real world. Reads nice tho, and in today's sadly dumbed down world, that's half the battle, give some teeth and tiits, and its a sure winner.
Always ask why.

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

Re: Eight Point Plan to Restore Our Republic

#3 Unread post by rayian »

Why would you want to restore your republic? Sounds like living in the past. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder which means it all comes from within. The world out there is a reflection of our inner state of being.