Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

China to build 20 new cities a year over the next 20 years

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

China to build 20 new cities a year over the next 20 years

China's looming debt disaster

With the United States and Europe buried in debt, much of the world is hoping that China will provide the engine to bail the world out. However, thanks to China's "hidden debts," China may be far worse off than either America or Europe. When the global downturn hit in 2008, China decided to spend its way out of the crisis, and pumped $1.1 trillion into its $4.3 trillion economy. One result is the building of 65 million apartments -- enough housing for 200 million people -- all empty. Despite the obvious oversupply, the government—in conjunction with private developers—is constructing 40 to 50 million more units. And the Chinese government recently announced it will be building 20 new cities a year over the next two decades, to match the numerous ghost cities already built.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

Re: China to build 20 new cities a year over the next 20 yea

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I read the above news this morning. Amazing to think China has built (and will continue to build) completely empty CITIES! Full cities just to keep the economy artifically inflated.

That's crazy.

Here are a few photos of China ghost cities... no one lives there! They even have stadiums, schools, shopping malls, etc..

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#3 Unread post by mogster »

Very odd I agree, but the economies of the west can hardly claim to have everything under control, so maybe China will work?

Let's hope so as a collapsed China would impact on all of us. :(
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

sunshine229

#4 Unread post by sunshine229 »

It's shocking to hear this news, it is so unfathomable to comprehend what it's like to have completely empty cities. It's so weird!

I agree with Mogster, if it keeps China churning then it's not a bad thing, I guess! But then if their economy is only supported by fake things like this, is it really supported at all? When does the bottom fall out???
Andrea :sun:

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#5 Unread post by mogster »

"Our" economies are only supported by licensed gambling of "commodities" at least the Chinese have good old bricks & mortar. :D
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#6 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

This *is* bizarre, but yeah, at least housing is a priority for living.

As mentioned my Mogster, the twisted nature of capitalistic economies being supported by billions of dollars of junk is more ludicrious and embraced so readily by our selfish culture. So perhaps these two extremes represent the polar opposites and eventual blending of value systems.

Basic needs can be met easily and the benefits of a trusting community can be enjoyed by more each day as people (slowwwwwwly) become more thoughtful and less selfish.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#7 Unread post by ceemes »

Well, I suspect that as China continues to switch from an agricultural based economy to an industrial based one which should as it has done in the west, increase the size and spending power of the middle class, those empty cities will soon be needed. At least China is planning for the future unlike us here in the west, seems we have adopted one of two opts, option one: live in the past or option two: ignore the reality of our situation and continue on that long twisting spiral to the bottom...aka, getting flush down the crapper.
Always ask why.

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#8 Unread post by BuzZz »

I don't claim to know much about the global economy, but I am positive I'd love to get my bike into one of those empty cities and just rip it up on those empty streets.
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#9 Unread post by HYPERR »

Are they made of the same toxic wallboards they shamelessly exported to the rest of the planet? :?
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

BuzZz
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#10 Unread post by BuzZz »

From what I heard about China, they are built out of the rejected export toxic wallboards. The only thing they care about less than other countrie's people is their own people.
No Witnesses.... :shifty: