flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

U.S. Debt ceiling and the end of the three branches

#1 Unread post by flw »

When we go from executive, legislative and judicial branches to a new "gang of 12" to steer the path of this country, we've changed our form of government. (In my opinion)

The Credit rating is only one piece. Its the budget cuts and the power that goes with it, made by the "Gang of 12" (if voted in), that we have outsourced our governments responsibility. We have no one to blame but ourselves, afterall we voted them in, for those that bothered to vote at all.

The party of no has givin us the party of nothing.

My opinion.
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: U.S. Debit ceiling and the end of the three branches

#2 Unread post by ceemes »

Why is it that for some reason, Republics seems to devolve into dictatorships?
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Personally, I hope the US starts to get it's way out of debt ASAP, 14.3 Trillion dollars + interest is a lot of overhead for the US citizen. Imagine what the US could do as a nation if it was debt free...
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

agraebner
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4 Unread post by agraebner »

Our government changed its own form long ago. I do not believe the majority has REALLY selected the President in a long time. Nationally there have been many elected officials who winning was questionable at best, a few seemed to be a direct slap in the face to voters. Our government has been run by nothing more than money in the hands of the people that we ELECTED. I cant go for an hour ride around here without seeing the results of the past few leaders work. A lot of things here were bought up by former vice presidents. I have not voted for the person that won many elections and the point that seems weird to me is most people I know in this very small town didn't either. Still our records indicate clear victory for the opposite side. I try to be as objective as possible and have watched and read a lot on the topic trying to ignore what seemed like hot air or didn't seem to have any validation. The above is the best I can make of it. There are some good people, but the overwhelming majority having such a money and power hungry goal, they don't stand a chance. ceemes I agree with the direction of your statement but the dictator is not the one with his face on tv and in the papers. I think big money and big business clear have control of everything. I make this statement based of watching the past years financial mess occurring. Who got bailed out. Who got tax payer money no strings attached. Who was allowed to gain monopolies on things, be it a bank, a service (xm and siruis merger) or many others. It is my fear that our government has gotten so distorted from its intention, our people have lost control, and our people have themselves become to lazy and or greedy to be able to do anything about it all till it fails completely. These are just my views I like debate on these matters. Open minded debate is what started this country and is in my opinion a great basis for a fair and just form of government.
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#5 Unread post by dr_bar »

I feel sorry for Obama inheriting this debt and financial trouble from the previous administrations. He suffers the blame if they can't start turning it around...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#6 Unread post by storysunfolding »

It's truely an interesting pickle. Both parties put forth plans that would still require raising the debt limit in the future. The republicans were "strictly" opposed to raising the debt limit even though during the Bush years they stumped for the need to do so in order to support our wars overseas, the downturned economy and the war on global terrorism. Surprisingly, even with those three still an issue, it's not longer a Republican priority.

Strangely, when the republicans claim to want small government and more fiscal responsibility, the only people that have truely pushed responsible monetary policy have been the democrats. Makes you wish for those Clinton years when we ran billions of dollars into the surplus. Didn't take Bush long to knock that down.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#7 Unread post by sv-wolf »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Personally, I hope the US starts to get it's way out of debt ASAP, 14.3 Trillion dollars + interest is a lot of overhead for the US citizen. Imagine what the US could do as a nation if it was debt free...
Good Grief, TMW - doesn't bear thinking about!
storysunfolding wrote:
Strangely, when the republicans claim to want small government and more fiscal responsibility, the only people that have truely pushed responsible monetary policy have been the democrats. Makes you wish for those Clinton years when we ran billions of dollars into the surplus. Didn't take Bush long to knock that down.
Don't know about you, storys, but I couldn't give a sod about the defecit, either in the US or the UK. It's who they intend to make pay for it, that bothers me.
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog