The thread before what did you do today

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: The thread before what did you do today

#11 Unread post by sunshine229 »

fireguzzi wrote:Yeah we all know about it. I seriously doubt anyone could go through a front windshield much less the front and back. Ignorant storytelling.
Fireguzzi, during inital investigation we found that the story was copied from a website, he didn't make it up himself...

Logitech's story:
"Me and my friend Steven are going down Boulder Canyon. I pull out to pass a long line of cars whose speed is about 35-40 mph. And I’m bent on catching up with steven who is several cars ahead of me. I’d had so much fun the last few times we’d been out and was really gaining a lot of confidence and had done a lot of passing and merging. So when I came up on this big line of cars, knowing it was my last long passing stretch..."

and from another website (page is no longer active):
"We're going down Boulder Canyon. I pull out to pass a long line of cars whose speed is about 35-40 mph. And I’m hellbent on catching up with Erik who is several cars ahead of me. I’d had so much fun the last few times we’d been out and was really gaining a lot of confidence and had done a lot of passing and merging. So when I came up on this big line of cars, knowing it was my last long passing stretch..."
Andrea :sun:

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#12 Unread post by Loonette »

Well, here's a blast from the past, eh? I was never as emotionally attached to you or your fictitious sister as someone like Koss was, but the ripple effect was definitely felt throughout this community. It's like I tell my kids... once you lie to me, it takes a very long time to rebuild trust. But I have to continue raising my kids and to live with them until I send them off into the world as adults. With you, however, I have no investment. I don't need to trust you, as you are not a part of my life. However, I know what it's like to screw up - it takes a lot to step forward with an actual confession and to attempt to make amends. Some won't forgive you, but that's their choice. YOU have to make the choice to forgive yourself and move forward with your life.

For what it's worth - I'm a believer that very few people in the world are actually "bad". Mostly, we live in a world where good people make terrible choices - and then have to live with the consequences of their choices. Feeling bad or guilty is a good thing. It shows that you care about others - you just got caught up in a very poor choice. I hope for you and your family that you have grown from the experience and that you are able to create healthy, honest relationships with people. Good luck to you.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#13 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Hey Evan. Long time no see. The last email you sent you said you were going to Alaska. Did you ever get there?