Do you shop at Local or Internet Businesses?

vna
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Do you shop at Local or Internet Businesses?

#1 Unread post by vna »

Hi! :D

Two weeks ago when I was at the party I got to know about this trend from my friends for the first time ever. Nevertheless hundreds and even thousands of young people already know it. my friends try for size brand quality clothing items or accessories in brand boutiques and purchase them in online stores with great discounts. :wink:

It turns out that shopping online is much more cheaper.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

Re: E-commerce Nike shoes

#2 Unread post by mogster »

:party:

Whilst I am all for saving money don't forget to support independent retailers. Ok the big boys will probably ride out recession & a downturn in sales, but the small boutique or shop might not.

Personally I very rarely buy branded clothes anyway. The only exception I make is for bike gear. I buy branded as it is a form of quality control which may affect safety/performance etc.

My fella & I have over the past 6yrs spent over £2000 in a small local bike gear shop quite deliberately as we get great service/good discounts & he is a nice guy + fellow biker!

The only exception was a Triumph leather jacket bought from the local dealer at a discount that was too good to resist!

X
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

sunshine229
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: E-commerce Nike shoes

#3 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Great response, Mog! I too like to support the local shops where possible.
Andrea :sun:

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: Do you shop at Local or Internet Businesses?

#4 Unread post by Johnj »

I shop online, but buy local.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#5 Unread post by Wrider »

I do a combination. If it's within 10-20 bucks I'll buy local, but if I can't get it locally or if it's a really big price difference I'll buy where I can.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#6 Unread post by jstark47 »

There are two motorcycle dealerships in town, both single stores (not chains). I do my best to support both with purchases of gear and parts. (Although I have used the internet to convince one store their tire prices were a tad high - they saw the light that time, got their price down to within $10 of the 'net price, and they got my money.)

What I do buy on the 'net is some of the less common accessories and farkles - e.g. hard luggage, crash bars, etc. Generally the local stores would have to special order this stuff anyway. Twisted Throttle is probably my favorite internet retailer - lots of selection, and there's actually a live, helpful person on the other end of the phone when you need to call them.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

JVRR
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2004 Suzuki GS500F

#7 Unread post by JVRR »

Depends on what I am buying and the price. Even though a jacket is $200 online or at the store, I save $20 by buying online (no tax), and if I am not getting charged shipping...

That being said, I may just buy local, dunno. I do need some things online that are a big price difference though, and depending on where I buy I need to hit that upper limit for free shipping.
-JV
Xbox LIVE!: "Vlad is Rad"
PSN: "Vlad_is_Rad"
SCII: "Volodya" (code: 314)

Tsp
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1996 Suzuki Intruder VS 800 GLT

#8 Unread post by Tsp »

Who in all common sense gives. I do, yet charity, starts at home. New to online shopping, I have learned very much in the way of where the better deals are. To do all by car is simply not there. Locals have got some of my funds like tires for my Suzuki. Chaps, gloves, jacket, a helmet or 3 lol, I' ve done online. The locals get my business accordingly.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#9 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

When I can, I do support local stores (as long as they're not a bunch of ridiculously priced greedy bastiches). Especially if I'm getting something that needs to fit properly to begin with (pretty much all helmets and clothing). Otherwise, stuff that's specific to my bike is too hard to source locally anyway, so that's when I shop online.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I shop at both myself. Sometimes you can find what you want locally, other times the only spot is the internet. Today I ordered a Yuasa YTX12-BS battery off the internet from our shopping guide.

I believe local and internet stores can complement each other, the internet may have better pricing but you can't beat local customer service.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.