Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

South Koreans raise the sunken ship, the Cheonan

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I thought this might be interesting for some (the diagram) and how they raise a sunken ship from the ocean floor... I wonder if they could have done that with the Titanic??

"It's been almost three weeks since the Cheonan, a South Korean navy warship, exploded and sank near North Korean waters. Only 58 people were rescued out of 104 crew members, and the other 46 drowned. And yet, no explanation has yet been provided for the cause of the explosion.

Officially, no cause has been determined, but the reading the various press reports increasingly gives the impression that the cause has unofficially been determined to be a North Korean torpedo or sea mine. "
Attachments
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: South Koreans raise the sunken ship, the Cheonan

#2 Unread post by jstark47 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I thought this might be interesting for some (the diagram) and how they raise a sunken ship from the ocean floor... I wonder if they could have done that with the Titanic??
A couple of key differences: Cheonan displaces 1,300 tons, Titanic was 52,000 tons. And the Cheonan sank in 45 meters of water, the Titanic is down in over 3,800 meters.

Interesting picture and story, thanks for posting! :D
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S