Big fat hogs with belching pipes

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by jmillheiser »

dr_bar wrote:Wish away, it's only a matter of time before we annex Indiana, so enjoy it while you can... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Trade you Indiana for British Columbia.

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

Re: loud

#22 Unread post by jmillheiser »

dayll wrote:Here's what noise related items I'd do away with before loud pipes on bikes - barking dogs and their idiot owners, loud music and thumping and their self-centered idiot owners, crying babies in restaurants and their inconsiderate idiot parents, loud profane people in public - actually, loud bikes and boats I'm okay with. Also, with all the gang-related shooting going on of late I think it should be mandatory that gang-bangers have to have silencers on their guns. dayll
You havent lived until you have heard mariachi music blasted at 120Db from a huge "O Ring" stereo in some beat up car with mexican plates. The joys of Arizona.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#23 Unread post by dr_bar »

jmillheiser wrote:
dr_bar wrote:Wish away, it's only a matter of time before we annex Indiana, so enjoy it while you can... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Trade you Indiana for British Columbia.
Who said anything about trade??? We're just taking over... :twisted:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Amdonim
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2000 ZG1000

Re: loud

#24 Unread post by Amdonim »

dayll wrote:Here's what noise related items I'd do away with before loud pipes on bikes - barking dogs and their idiot owners, loud music and thumping and their self-centered idiot owners, crying babies in restaurants and their inconsiderate idiot parents, loud profane people in public - actually, loud bikes and boats I'm okay with. Also, with all the gang-related shooting going on of late I think it should be mandatory that gang-bangers have to have silencers on their guns. dayll
Those things are rather annoying, but loud bikes are still just as annoying.
One can usually tell a riders maturity level by the pipes on their bike.
It may also have some negative correlation with the size of a persons equipment.

Toolman101
Rookie
Rookie

May I cut in......

#25 Unread post by Toolman101 »

Ok guys and girls here is my take on it. I have owned 2 stroke and 4 stroke street and dirt bikes, there is merit on both sides of the argument. yes as bikers people need to be made aware that we are there, be it lights colors or pipes. But on the other hand lets use our heads, if it sets off car alarms 3 blocks away it is a bit much. All this boils down to maturity level of the rider and do not blame just the Harleys, in my younger days I had a kerker header on my 1150 that could shatter glass, and my old RM could be heard 2 counties away. I myself like a deep tone, a rumble not deafening. As motorcycle enthusiasts we need to unite and make the automobile community know we are not a bunch of hell raisin hooligans on a saturday night. Remember : nobody remembers we do something right, but everybody remember when we do something wrong.
keep it real, keep it fun