Fast Eddy B
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 02 Fazer FZS600

Computer virus

#1 Unread post by Fast Eddy B »

Just found out I got zlob.downloader.vcd worm. Been trying to get rid of it, and it just keeps coming back. Trying the support forums of lavasoft, and spybot....it's taking a while.

Am running scans on spybot, ad aware, and mcafee behind a firewall, but I'm suspicious of having to download anything else to get rid of it. Am not afraid to edit the registry if I know what to look for....

Anyone?
02 Fazer 600

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#2 Unread post by slimcolo »

I had a simular problem (malacious adware) and had to do a system restore to clear. Even the fix that Microsoft had didn't work.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It sounds like you need more of an anti virus program than a spyware program.

If you don't already have anti virus program, you could download AVG safely....for free.
I have used it in the past and I know lots of people who currently use it.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

Re: Computer virus

#4 Unread post by JC Viper »

Fast Eddy B wrote:Just found out I got zlob.downloader.vcd worm. Been trying to get rid of it, and it just keeps coming back. Trying the support forums of lavasoft, and spybot....it's taking a while.

Am running scans on spybot, ad aware, and mcafee behind a firewall, but I'm suspicious of having to download anything else to get rid of it. Am not afraid to edit the registry if I know what to look for....

Anyone?
Your options are to get HiJackThis and find out whatever it is and remove it (Windows Safe Mode works best). Then go use CCleaner to clean out any corrupt registry files. Of course this is to be used if your anti-virus doesn't work.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Fast Eddy B
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#5 Unread post by Fast Eddy B »

Thanks for the tips. Right now I'm not sure what new progs to trust. I'll look up AVG and HiJack This.
02 Fazer 600

Skier
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#6 Unread post by Skier »

I hear AVG is great.

HiJackThis is a program that looks at everything running on your system. You can post the information it records on forums and they will analyze it for you.
[url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98.[/url]

Kibagari
Elite
Elite

#7 Unread post by Kibagari »

Another option is to stop running Windows; it's crap.
"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot."
D. H. Lawrence (1885 - 1930)
-------------------------------
1976 Honda CB360T

Fast Eddy B
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#8 Unread post by Fast Eddy B »

Well, I went to Spybot S&D forums and posted under Malware Removal. They have a great free service there. It helps to read the stickies, follow the instructions, then post your logfiles from HiJackThis or any other program they tell you to run. Then an expert analyzes the results and suggests fixes.

This virus has been a bad one. I'm at about 8 hours gettting rid of it so far. But it almost over....
02 Fazer 600