Don't buy HD-DVD It's a Dead Format

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#12 Unread post by storysunfolding »

haha-

I had an arguement with my old boss this time last year telling her that HD DVD was a sinking ship. She had two xbox 360s and another HD DVD player rigged up in her house and bought almost every HD-DVD movie that came out.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#13 Unread post by Brackstone »

storysunfolding wrote:haha-

I had an arguement with my old boss this time last year telling her that HD DVD was a sinking ship. She had two xbox 360s and another HD DVD player rigged up in her house and bought almost every HD-DVD movie that came out.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
LOL :)

Most of my friends were like that too. I told them Blu-Ray would win solely because Sony has such a foothold in the world of Media but they didn't believe me.

They were wrong about the Wii to.

Dave 2
Friends 0

Off Topic: I am on my 4th Xbox 360 the other 3 RROD'd on me.

:D
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#14 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Brackstone wrote: Off Topic: I am on my 4th Xbox 360 the other 3 RROD'd on me.
Off topic reply: ME too- but the first three were in 30 days of buying it so I was able to just take it back to Circuit City
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#15 Unread post by JC Viper »

storysunfolding wrote:
Off topic reply: ME too- but the first three were in 30 days of buying it so I was able to just take it back to Circuit City
My XBOX 360 hasn't given me any problems and while I also have a PS3 I haven't been using it since there aren't too many games on it that interest me but that'll soon change when the good stuff starts rolling in. I also have a Blu-Ray player now... of course the newer discs may not be backward compatible if the new revision requires some new mechanics.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#16 Unread post by Brackstone »

JC Viper wrote:
storysunfolding wrote:
My XBOX 360 hasn't given me any problems and while I also have a PS3 I haven't been using it since there aren't too many games on it that interest me but that'll soon change when the good stuff starts rolling in. I also have a Blu-Ray player now... of course the newer discs may not be backward compatible if the new revision requires some new mechanics.
Well they'll all be compatible with your ps3.

The whole "HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray" thing about HD-DVD having higher quality was over a Codec Blu-Ray was using initially but they changed that.

The only changes you'll see now are in firmware updates that add features to the Blu-Ray format. Since your ps3 is firmware upgradeable your in the clear :)

In short: ANY Blu-Ray disc will play on ANY system/player. The question is does the system/player support all the features.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#17 Unread post by JC Viper »

Brackstone wrote:
JC Viper wrote:
storysunfolding wrote:
Well they'll all be compatible with your ps3.

The whole "HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray" thing about HD-DVD having higher quality was over a Codec Blu-Ray was using initially but they changed that.

The only changes you'll see now are in firmware updates that add features to the Blu-Ray format. Since your ps3 is firmware upgradeable your in the clear :)

In short: ANY Blu-Ray disc will play on ANY system/player. The question is does the system/player support all the features.
That's gonna be the the problem but I'm betting that the features won't be worth it.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#18 Unread post by Brackstone »

JC Viper wrote:
That's gonna be the the problem but I'm betting that the features won't be worth it.
The new features I believe are for the DVD collectors. Like PiP (Picture in Picture) and Internet Enabled.

I like to use my DVDs to watch movies, I don't usually touch the extras :)