Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

The Economoy (US)

#1 Unread post by Brackstone »

What I need to get off my chest is the fact that nobody is providing actual solutions. Who can blame them though? They are getting Rich! Instead of actually changing things.

Like these two "Solutions"

Free Money

Housing "Fix"

Like take a look at Housing "Fix". Instead of working on somehow making homes more affordable they make it so banks can now feel safer about loaning MORE money out to people.

I wanted to own a home cause I thought renting was silly cause you kept pouring your money into something. But owning a home is starting to look more like renting everyday at this rate.

Don't even get me started on gas costs.

It's basically like we are hooked on our drug of choice and it's very expensive. We kept asking our dealer for more but we never had enough money. Since we haven't been able to afford it the addiction is starting to wear off. This worries the dealer so he decides to give us some stuff "for now" even though we STILL have to pay him back for that PLUS our next fix later.

As a man of 27 I'm willing to accept I might not understand the intricacies of finance and the economy so anyone is welcome to try to set me straight. However this is what it seems like to me.
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

Kibagari
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by Kibagari »

Alright man, here's how it's going: the housing market BLOWS for SELLERS. As in if you want to sell your home, you're more than likely not going to get what you want. So many people are trying to sell and failing that they HAVE to drop their asking price.

However, if you're in the market to buy a home, NOW is the time- in all seriousness. If I had a little cash behind me, I'd be out there buying up rental properties left and right. Rental properties like apartment complexes and triple deckers give you a source of passive income. So instead of having to actively work for it like you do at your job, it comes in on its own (granted there's more to it than that).

You'd probably get a decent loan on a house if you REALLY looked hard. You could get a decent home for well under 150- just gotta look.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are losing their homes. This is mainly due to something called an Adjustable Rate Mortgage. Those three words should be avoided like the plague, since people are NOW finding out that not only can the rates go down, but they can go up.

Most of the rich families in the USA that have been rich for under 100 years got rich in the great depression because when the stock prices DROPPED, they were smart enough to realize that you can make money even when the market is doing poorly. The rest got lucky in the industrial revolution.

I'm going to make a suggestion here, because this benefited me in the long run, and it might benefit you:

Pick up a book called Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. After you've read that, read the other books he's put out and recommends (if you want to).

The biggest problem with money is that schools don't teach how to make it work for you, schools teach you how to be a slave to it. So you have to get your financial education elsewhere; from your parents, relatives.

And what they would tell you probably doesn't apply today. Going to school, getting good grades, graduating and getting a secure, well-paid job just doesn't cut it anymore. People are floundering because they don't realize that money management is more than just being able to pay your bills.

At any rate, that's my financial rant. If you want a house, go for it, and get a FIXED Rate Mortgage (because when you're renting, you're only making someone like me money).

Take care, hope that helped a bit.
"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot."
D. H. Lawrence (1885 - 1930)
-------------------------------
1976 Honda CB360T