most important picture ever taken by man kind.

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: FZ6

most important picture ever taken by man kind.

#1 Unread post by intotherain »

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

coulda done without the goofball miming.....but the rest of that video is very good.
We are not alone.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

blues2cruise wrote:coulda done without the goofball miming.....but the rest of that video is very good.
We are not alone.
You're right...QUICK......LOOK BEHIND YOU!!!!!!! :laughing:

apart from the dork sequence, it's a way cool vid.......and it makes you realize just how tiny and insignificant we are........on that note, I am going to huddle beneath my covers for a bit and curl up in the fetal position.... :laughing:
Always ask why.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#4 Unread post by JC Viper »

Next time just use the X-Files theme song when showing us how big the universe is. Hell, the main theme of the X-Files is "We are not alone..."

Now, for your entertainment I present you fat guy singing that "Numa Numa" song. :P
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Re: most important picture ever taken by man kind.

#5 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Who the heck is Rick Roll?

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#7 Unread post by intotherain »

When scientists say that earth is a planet that can support life is because it's the right distance from the sun and a few other things, it's all total BS. Yeah humans need a specific temperature and oxygen to survive but there are living organisms in the pitch black depths of the ocean with immense pressures and sub freezing temperatures that humans could never survive in. Oh no, that must mean there is no life anywhere! Wait how bout all those crazy fish? Those scientists have no fuggin clue. Why are they limiting life to what we live to? There could be organisms breathing toxic vapors and living beyond "our" limits. Come on, prove me wrong scientists, are they saying in the billions of other planets out there it has to match exactly to earth??! That's absurd. They are all tremendously close minded on the things they haven't discovered yet.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#8 Unread post by ceemes »

intotherain wrote:When scientists say that earth is a planet that can support life is because it's the right distance from the sun and a few other things, it's all total BS. Yeah humans need a specific temperature and oxygen to survive but there are living organisms in the pitch black depths of the ocean with immense pressures and sub freezing temperatures that humans could never survive in. Oh no, that must mean there is no life anywhere! Wait how bout all those crazy fish? Those scientists have no fuggin clue. Why are they limiting life to what we live to? There could be organisms breathing toxic vapors and living beyond "our" limits. Come on, prove me wrong scientists, are they saying in the billions of other planets out there it has to match exactly to earth??! That's absurd. They are all tremendously close minded on the things they haven't discovered yet.
Actually, I think you will find most scientist are very open to the idea that life can and does exist in other parts of not only the galaxy, but also our very own solar system. However, they do not say that those lifeforms have to be like us or any other Sol III lifeforms, and could be very radically different from what we hairless apes are use to.

Now if you were talking about hard theologists, ie hard core Christians, Muslim, Hebrews and others, then I would have to agree with you. Some of those jokers still believe that our little speck of dust is the centre of life, the universe and everything.....says so in their sole reference book, depending which version they have at hand.
Always ask why.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#9 Unread post by JC Viper »

ceemes wrote:
intotherain wrote:When scientists say that earth is a planet that can support life is because it's the right distance from the sun and a few other things, it's all total BS. Yeah humans need a specific temperature and oxygen to survive but there are living organisms in the pitch black depths of the ocean with immense pressures and sub freezing temperatures that humans could never survive in. Oh no, that must mean there is no life anywhere! Wait how bout all those crazy fish? Those scientists have no fuggin clue. Why are they limiting life to what we live to? There could be organisms breathing toxic vapors and living beyond "our" limits. Come on, prove me wrong scientists, are they saying in the billions of other planets out there it has to match exactly to earth??! That's absurd. They are all tremendously close minded on the things they haven't discovered yet.
Actually, I think you will find most scientist are very open to the idea that life can and does exist in other parts of not only the galaxy, but also our very own solar system. However, they do not say that those lifeforms have to be like us or any other Sol III lifeforms, and could be very radically different from what we hairless apes are use to.

Now if you were talking about hard theologists, ie hard core Christians, Muslim, Hebrews and others, then I would have to agree with you. Some of those jokers still believe that our little speck of dust is the centre of life, the universe and everything.....says so in their sole reference book, depending which version they have at hand.
Originally those stories were to explain the natural phenomena that occurred. Then when organized religions came about certain passages and scriptures were picked and selected while others were omitted. In fact there were many holes in their stories in the Bible (Constantine wanted the Bile to be completed within a time frame to use Christianity). Then these passages in these so called holy books were used as a means of control.

To find out more watch the History Channel... I just forgot the name of the program but it's sure to air again soon, maybe late at night.

There was something that struck me as interesting: Adam had another wife before Eve. This first wife came out of the same ground at the same time as Adam which means that they are both equal. Adam wanted a subservient wife instead of one who demanded to be treated equally so after the first wife left Adam (to become some kinda evil spirit) "God" took one of Adams' rib and made Eve. She came from him and so she would have to do as he says...
Later on the priests would use this as a means to not allow female parishioners and that they would have little to no rights.

The story of the first wife was not included in the original canon.

I'm agnostic btw.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#10 Unread post by ceemes »

JC Viper wrote:
ceemes wrote:

Originally those stories were to explain the natural phenomena that occurred. Then when organized religions came about certain passages and scriptures were picked and selected while others were omitted. In fact there were many holes in their stories in the Bible (Constantine wanted the Bile to be completed within a time frame to use Christianity). Then these passages in these so called holy books were used as a means of control.

To find out more watch the History Channel... I just forgot the name of the program but it's sure to air again soon, maybe late at night.

There was something that struck me as interesting: Adam had another wife before Eve. This first wife came out of the same ground at the same time as Adam which means that they are both equal. Adam wanted a subservient wife instead of one who demanded to be treated equally so after the first wife left Adam (to become some kinda evil spirit) "God" took one of Adams' rib and made Eve. She came from him and so she would have to do as he says...
Later on the priests would use this as a means to not allow female parishioners and that they would have little to no rights.

The story of the first wife was not included in the original canon.

I'm agnostic btw.
You are talking about Lilith, the supposed first wife of Adam. Interestingly enough she is mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls and in the Book of Isaiah. She is also mentioned in the Gilgamesh legend. Just one of many interesting parallel or like stories between various ancient religious texts of the region.

During the Synod of Hippo, church scholars argued what should be in the Canon of the Holy Bible and a number of Old Testament books failed to make the cut, and those that did make the cut were edited and scrutinized word by word. One on more interesting passages that almost got lost was the Song of Songs, for decades churchmen debated where or not it was too graphic to be included.

For what its worth, I'm a lay Buddhist.
Always ask why.