Funny

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Funny

#1 Unread post by roscowgo »

Me being the grouchy curmudgeonly grump that I am.... had a good chuckle today.

As I was getting out of my truck to walk into work, I hear some music from the direction of the road. I think.... Grrrrr idiot kids with speakers twice the size of their car. I spin around (because you know you have to put the ol hairy eyeball on whatever you're about to mock...), and see...no cars. Whuzzat? my brain asks. Rather like it just bit into a piece of especially sour lemon.

The only thing moving is a...Goldwing? Wait. The sound is going with him....

Around here my brain begins to twist quite vigorously while trying to claw it's way out of my head. Like My senses have betrayed it and it wanted to get a first hand account of the outside world so to speak.

I still haven't recovered yet. A bright yellow wing. Towing a homemade trailer, blasting gangsta rap loud enough to be heard and understood 100' away, at 7:30am.

Help me yall...I can't figure out whether to be impressed, apalled, envious, or curious as to how much a used wing would cost......
:laughing:

anarchy
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by anarchy »

envious - he was riding!!!!

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: Funny

#3 Unread post by Gummiente »

roscowgo wrote:Help me yall...I can't figure out whether to be impressed, apalled, envious, or curious as to how much a used wing would cost......
All of the above. Especially if he was doing the "Low Rider" thing with the air suspension as he rode away.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by roscowgo »

Gummiente wrote:
roscowgo wrote:Help me yall...I can't figure out whether to be impressed, apalled, envious, or curious as to how much a used wing would cost......
All of the above. Especially if he was doing the "Low Rider" thing with the air suspension as he rode away.

Heh no low rider. But that woulda been interesting.

Did see a guy on what I believe was a road king the other day. Chrome beanie, leather vest....brooks bros suit. and of course.....loafers. another *snort snicker moment.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#5 Unread post by Wrider »

roscowgo wrote:
Gummiente wrote:

Heh no low rider. But that woulda been interesting.

Did see a guy on what I believe was a road king the other day. Chrome beanie, leather vest....brooks bros suit. and of course.....loafers. another *snort snicker moment.
Now that's pretty good too... I saw a guy, big bad biker "Harley 4 Life" type one time, full leathers, fringes, leather skull cap, everything, riding a bright red and white Vespa 150 down the street... Now that sent me laughing all the way home, not something you expect to see every day!
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#6 Unread post by Gummiente »

Wrider wrote:Now that's pretty good too... I saw a guy, big bad biker "Harley 4 Life" type one time, full leathers, fringes, leather skull cap, everything, riding a bright red and white Vespa 150 down the street... Now that sent me laughing all the way home, not something you expect to see every day!
Yeah? How about this...

:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#7 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Gummiente wrote:
Wrider wrote:Now that's pretty good too... I saw a guy, big bad biker "Harley 4 Life" type one time, full leathers, fringes, leather skull cap, everything, riding a bright red and white Vespa 150 down the street... Now that sent me laughing all the way home, not something you expect to see every day!
Yeah? How about this...

:laughing: awesome picture. 2 things, I'd gladly rock a scooter, even a little 50cc 2 stroke, and 2nd, I'd still wear full gear on it. Though I don't have a full leather harley for life look, more of a touring bike look when i'm in full gear.

I want to see someone in a 1 pc race suit on a road king or something similar.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#8 Unread post by blues2cruise »

You never know....maybe the bike shop offers scooters for loaners when you take your bike in for service.

Roscowgo....we had a visitor at the camera club meeting last...from Texas....listening to him speak I can imagine what you sound like. y'all.

Nice.

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#9 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

blues2cruise wrote:You never know....maybe the bike shop offers scooters for loaners when you take your bike in for service.
Oddly enough, my house mate was telling me about the exact same situation he found himself in. Full race leathers on a 50cc twist'n'go
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#10 Unread post by roscowgo »

Gummie, you need forward controls and a sissy bar on that thing :D

Blues... a lot of the words are the same..... probably a bit faster paced than the texan and more nasally around here. There are a couple of New yorkers with the famous "bronx accent" I know. You haven't lived until you've integrated them with yall, and reckon, yonder, ,,,, then turn them loose with their newfound slang on others.

:mrgreen: