647 miles of therapy

storysunfolding
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

647 miles of therapy

#1 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I had a rough weekend so I took yesterday off to ride the bike and get my mind together. I took a 647 mile trip starting in DC, headed into West Virginia to start my trek. Why? Because after seeing the people in WV I realize my life isn't THAT bad. (kidding, it's actually a very beautiful state). Swung back out on 33 and headed down skyline to the blue ridge parkway, cut across the state to Virginia Beach, had dinner with my parents and took route 17 back up to Northern Virginia.

Lessons learned
-My bike is the best therapy that money can buy. I left at 8:45 in the morning and came home past 11 at night. Imagine having to pay for that by the hour! I pay for mine by the month.
-Getting out into the world by yourself for awhile and seeing all kinds of ways of life can bring you into crystal clear focus. That and thinking "Crap, I'm 6 hours from home- no easy distractions to take my mind off things"
-Outside of the city, people are quite conversational at gas stations. And gas is 30 cents less expensive
-647 miles on the V-strom stock seat is too much. When I put my legs down at stops on my way home I hurt so bad. Time to either get a new seat or a sheepskin... maybe a backrest too : )
-The comm system allowing people at home/work get a hold of me, deliver music and let me hear truckers was invaluable.
-I still want a GPS...
"Excuse me, how long have I been off route 17?"
"Hahahaha, about 30 miles. You're going to want to take route...."
-Mesh gear is great, but the zip in rain liners feel like you are wearing a trashbag.
-80 mph in a 65 is still SLOW on 95 North at 11 pm

Strangely I had no issues with traffic, road debris, wildlife, etc on my trip. Other than a bit of wanderlust a short rain shower it was a perfect ride.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Deleted
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by Deleted »

Deleted
Last edited by Deleted on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

storysunfolding
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#3 Unread post by storysunfolding »

IMC MIT-100

Great little unit and for $200 you get music, intercom, cell, and bike to bike with two headsets.

Considering I'd be paying well in excess of $400 for a comparible unit from other makers I was ok in not having VOX and automatic sound leveling- but some people need those features so that's where this unit can come up lacking
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars