flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

Bike in shop and I'm starting withdrawl

#1 Unread post by flw »

Took the bike in for valve check/adjustment and some misc. I'm bikeless for the next 6 or 7 days due to the weekend and a tranportation problem. I hate this and its only day 1. :frusty:

I want my bike. :(
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Shorts »

Same here. Mine been in since Tuesday and it's Saturday now. I keep gazing out the window making sure outside is still there :laughing:

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#3 Unread post by flw »

What you getting done? Anything interesting or just maintenance?
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Shorts »

New set of tires and a looksie/replace of the wheel bearings. I didn't need to leave the bike all week, but I opted to since it was already there at the shop (too busy a week to make another trip).

I'm crossing my fingers I get a call today or tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath.

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#5 Unread post by flw »

Forcast for my area is rain next 2 days and it better :twisted:
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Shorts »

lol

Well, here's more rain for your parade - the bike shop called, mine's ready! :nyah:

Thte catch is, I gotta get there before 3pm. Considering I haev to go to the airport to buy a plane ticket before I go into work at 2pm, it's now 1250, I don't think I'm going to get there :( ...unless... :twisted:

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

Re: Bike in shop and I'm starting withdrawl

#7 Unread post by JC Viper »

flw wrote:Took the bike in for valve check/adjustment and some misc. I'm bikeless for the next 6 or 7 days due to the weekend and a tranportation problem. I hate this and its only day 1. :frusty:

What the, almost a week for maintenance? They don't open on Saturdays? And I thought waiting 5 hours to a day was bad enough for my maintenance work (It takes longer if done on my own).
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#8 Unread post by flw »

There open on Saturday but if you ask them for anything except a oil change or drop off your bike, you loose two days right there.

Dealer is not very local so I had no choice on dropoff day or pickup day. I do get to hear bikes in the distance running around. Those basturds :evil: , there reving it on purpose in my face and its only the begining of day 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Tower18CHI
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Bike in shop and I'm starting withdrawl

#9 Unread post by Tower18CHI »

JC Viper wrote:
flw wrote:Took the bike in for valve check/adjustment and some misc. I'm bikeless for the next 6 or 7 days due to the weekend and a tranportation problem. I hate this and its only day 1. :frusty:

What the, almost a week for maintenance? They don't open on Saturdays? And I thought waiting 5 hours to a day was bad enough for my maintenance work (It takes longer if done on my own).
I just dropped mine off on Friday and it's going to be a week before they can even look at it. I'll be lucky to see her back before July, at this rate. There were literally hundreds of bikes in the service bay. Thought it was the showroom, but they all had license plates and service orders on them :shock:

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#10 Unread post by Sev »

Things are like that all over. In Edmonton you're looking at a 2-3 week wait at almost any shop before they'll even look at your bike. The shop I work at is booking about a week in advance, but trying to keep spots open for emergencies.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]