Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Finals!!!

#1 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

whooohooooo
:jump: practicals tonight, to say i can do a traction splint like a pro is to say a bike has two wheels. Though it helps when you have a cutie as your patient with a very similar sense of humor.

TA: The more you crank it, the further it'll go up where it needs to go
TA2/Patient: That's what she said. :lol:
ME *trying to keep a straight face as i crank the traction splint*

100 question written exam in 2 days... :spaz:

I'm going to miss this class a lot more than i thought... :cry:
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#2 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Good Luck! The friends you met in class will likely stick with you for years. I've got people from my EMT class (18 years ago) and my Medic class (13 years ago) spread all over the country but, thanks to the net we're still in touch and swapping war stories and humor.

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by KarateChick »

Hope it went well Geoff. Good luck on the written.

(get her phone number so you can keep in touch) :wink:
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#4 Unread post by Loonette »

You'll do fine!! Once you're all done, it's such a relief. But then the real life training gets to begin. I'll be taking my standing orders test in a few weeks - that's no biggie. Next week I'll be doing the EMT orientation with my department. I'm really looking forward to that. And then... vehicle training! I'll get my driving instruction on both of our medics, and later the fire engines - woo hoo!

And the extra training is fantastic. Next month our county is staging an MCI training day. Not sure if I'll be a patient, EMT, or whatnot, but it won't matter. Any involvement will be fun. This Sunday as well as the next I'll be doing a Ropes Rescue training course. We have both a glen and a gorge where we'll do our practice.

Anyway... sorry to ramble on - I'm still high from it all right now. Good luck on the rest of your testing. Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Loonette wrote:And the extra training is fantastic. Next month our county is staging an MCI training day. Not sure if I'll be a patient, EMT, or whatnot, but it won't matter. Any involvement will be fun. This Sunday as well as the next I'll be doing a Ropes Rescue training course. We have both a glen and a gorge where we'll do our practice.
Nothing as exciting as ropes any time soon i think. The service I hope to be working for doesn't do that, that kind of thing is all fire rescue around here. Though, next fall or spring semester, I'll hopefully be able to take these:
http://catalog.gcc.mass.edu/schedules/2 ... r/EMS/105/
http://catalog.gcc.mass.edu/schedules/2 ... r/BIO/108/
Not as a step towards paramedics, but just for my own knowledge. And they should count as the continuing ed i'll need for the first two years.
KarateChick wrote:Hope it went well Geoff. Good luck on the written.

(get her phone number so you can keep in touch) :wink:
Thanks.

I'm also hoping to be a TA at some point for the class, it was a lot of fun taking it, and it'll be nice to help out other people with it.

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

*bah* kids. Wait until you've been doing it for 20 years and tell me how excited you still are to do MCI, WMD, etc.... :laughing:

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#7 Unread post by flw »

By appllying yourself 100%, I'm sure you'll pass.

Get ready to :cheers:
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Scoutmedic wrote:*bah* kids. Wait until you've been doing it for 20 years and tell me how excited you still are to do MCI, WMD, etc.... :laughing:
trust me, not looking foward to an MCI. Between the tagging and the... look you could call it, on my teachers face when he talked about them, they're not sounding exciting in the least.

WMD?

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#9 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

WMD = Weapon of Mass Destruction. It's just about the only coned out there. I'm tired of it.

Couple of years ago President Bush was in Erie for a rally. I got chosen for one of the support teams. It wasn't bad except being given injectors in case of a chemical attack. That was a bit frightening. "Don't give it to your partner, use it on yourself. And, if your partner goes unconcious before using his, use that one on yourself as well" :shock:

:laughing:

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#10 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Scoutmedic wrote:WMD = Weapon of Mass Destruction. It's just about the only coned out there. I'm tired of it.

Couple of years ago President Bush was in Erie for a rally. I got chosen for one of the support teams. It wasn't bad except being given injectors in case of a chemical attack. That was a bit frightening. "Don't give it to your partner, use it on yourself. And, if your partner goes unconcious before using his, use that one on yourself as well" :shock:

:laughing:
LOL, well, rule one IS look out for number one. Can't help people if you're one of them :laughing:

ANYWHO, I just got back from class, got an 81 on the final, 82 over all. Looks like I'm headed for the state test :mrgreen:

Though my partner didn't make it :| so i have no idea who i'll be working with. Kind of a bitter sweet victory I guess, ecspecially since I thought her and I were on to something and she's been real distant the past couple of weeks. Whatever, I have more important things to worry about. Like kicking "O Ring" at the state practical.