Japan work hours!

crazy5dave
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by crazy5dave »

i live in japan. i have tuesdays off. I work wedesday to monday. on the second week of the month i get blessed with a wedesday off too. I also get 1-3 floters a month. but this month the company said we cant have more then one of then on a saturday or sunday each month. ithink that put it over the top for me. i like to see my wife too. she works a normal m-f job. I work 9-30 to8. When i interviewed it was to 630, they didnt mention the manditory overtime. others stay much later. My wife works 930 to ussually 9-12pm. they dont pay over time. ill make $45K this year. the Yen is toilet paper now though. that canadian girl isnt making that kind of money. $50k US? unless she owns the school or is having sex for money with the students. $30K is more like it. Ive had that job before. the cost of living is not that bad. Here is why; lower income taxes, company pays for your train ticket. you will NOT have a car or $5 dollar/gallon gas to pay for. You will NEVER think about getting one either. You pay rent, phone, gas, water. For us thats less that $800 a month. the rest is yours. go party!
By the way im the only Foreign HD mechanic in Japan.
2007 Buell XB12Ss