Gonna be gone for a while

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Gonna be gone for a while

#1 Unread post by Apollofrost »

Well Sunday morning I'll begin my trip back to the US. My mom's coming with me to visit family that she hasn't seen in two and a half years, the trip will take about seven days.

I'll be going from Merida, Mexico to San Francisco and after maybe half a day's rest we'll pick up my older sister and visit my grandparents up by the Oregon border. During that time I'm not sure if I'll be about to check my email or get on the internet, so I guess what I'm saying is goodbye for now. I'm posting this on friday night so that I can respond to any comments now rather than a week later if I can't get internet access before that.

So, Adios

-Alex
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I hope you have a great trip. Check back in when you get settled and tell us about your impressions after having been away.

:rockon:

logitech104
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#3 Unread post by logitech104 »

be safe kitty! I'm sure you'll be glad to be home and meet all your friends again :)
~Shelly
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/logitech104/fairyhugsig.jpg[/img]
[1981 honda cb400t hawk][2004 honda crf150f]

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#4 Unread post by ofblong »

7 days???? took me 18 hours to get to the Gulf of Mexico from Michigan. Course it woulda been about 15 hours if I didnt have to stop to feed my kids and let them use the bathroom. You plan on stopping every 3 hours and napping for the night???? (that was ment as sarcasm) Either way good luck and be safe.

btw a 5 yr old has a bladder that lasts oooh about 30 minutes after eating before they have to go to the bathroom and then after that you get to drive for about 150 miles at 85-90 mph before they have to go potty again. Oh and those rooftop cargo things make a huge dent in your gas mileage. Normally at 85mph I would get 20mpg in my van. I was getting 12mpg with that cargo thing on top. However it was well worth it for the extra space. Clothes for 8 days for 4 children and 2 adults makes for quite a bit of luggage.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by Shorts »

Take care! Have a good trip :)

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#6 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Hey man, good luck and be safe.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#7 Unread post by Apollofrost »

Yeah, seven days, like that film.

It's because I live at the tip of the yucatan peninsula, you know how mexico curves at the end? I'm at the end. The trip would be a day shorter if we weren't picking up my sister because then we could just keep driving through cali instead of stopping for a day.

Thanks to all the well wishers.
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by KarateChick »

Hey, have a safe and good trip. Catch up with you when you're back in virtual land.
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#9 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Stay safe on your journey. Have a great time!

skoebl
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Re: Gonna be gone for a while

#10 Unread post by skoebl »

Kitty wrote: I'll be going from Merida, Mexico to San Francisco and after maybe half a day's rest we'll pick up my older sister and visit my grandparents up by the Oregon border.
Sounds like you'll probably be coming through my way. I live 20 miles from the Oregon border 8)
SV650 K6 <---Suuper Awsome bike

[quote="V4underme"]
If I didn't feel like a monkey &*$%ing a football when I sat on a sporty, I'd probably own one.[/quote]