Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

BBQ

#1 Unread post by Johnj »

Go Team Flat Tire.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Big B

#2 Unread post by Big B »

now that looks like a hell of a good time! too bad i'll be on my honeymoon that week.
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

BBQ? Did someone say BBQ?

#3 Unread post by Bubba »

You know I sit here and see adverts for BBQ or see somebody on TV cooking BBQ and my mouth starts watering. I take a run over to the only BBQ joint within 4o miles and and order a half rack and a cold one and start chowing down.
By the time I'm done, I don't want to see an other BBQ again. :)
What is it about BBQ that sounds sooooooo good until your done eating it and you wish you didn't?
:laughing:
2004 Yamaha Midnight Silverado
<-------------------------------------

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#4 Unread post by Johnj »

What it is is you've had good BBQ in the past that you remember, but the place down the street isn't that good.There are no BBQ places in Jersey.

People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: BBQ? Did someone say BBQ?

#5 Unread post by jonnythan »

Bubba wrote:You know I sit here and see adverts for BBQ or see somebody on TV cooking BBQ and my mouth starts watering. I take a run over to the only BBQ joint within 4o miles and and order a half rack and a cold one and start chowing down.
What is it about BBQ that sounds sooooooo good until your done eating it and you wish you didn't?
I dunno, sucks to be you. I could eat BBQ every night of the week and three times on Sunday.

Maybe it has something to do with growing up on it in the south. Kinda like cajun food... you have to grow up on it and be tempered to it or else the flavors overwhelm you ;)

And I'd be as surprised to find a good BBQ joint in Jersey as I would be to find a good cajun food joint in... well, Jersey.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#6 Unread post by Bubba »

jonnythan wrote:
Bubba wrote:You know I sit here and see adverts for BBQ or see somebody on TV cooking BBQ and my mouth starts watering. I take a run over to the only BBQ joint within 4o miles and and order a half rack and a cold one and start chowing down.
I dunno, sucks to be you. I could eat BBQ every night of the week and three times on Sunday.

Maybe it has something to do with growing up on it in the south. Kinda like cajun food... you have to grow up on it and be tempered to it or else the flavors overwhelm you ;)

And I'd be as surprised to find a good BBQ joint in Jersey as I would be to find a good cajun food joint in... well, Jersey.

And they have good BBQ in upstate NY? :laughing:

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#7 Unread post by jonnythan »

Bubba wrote:
jonnythan wrote:

No, there is not. No good cajun food, either, even though joint after joint sells "cajun" items.

In fact, there really isn't much good food in general.

I'm relatively new to Upstate NY. I'm from New Orleans.

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#8 Unread post by Bubba »

jonnythan wrote:
Bubba wrote:
jonnythan wrote:

No, there is not. No good cajun food, either, even though joint after joint sells "cajun" items.

In fact, there really isn't much good food in general.

I'm relatively new to Upstate NY. I'm from New Orleans.
Hell you're close to the original "cajun" country. Just go north. :laughing:

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#9 Unread post by jonnythan »

Bubba wrote:Hell you're close to the original "cajun" country. Just go north. :laughing:
Not really. Sure, the Acadians came from the eastern Canada region, but the Acadians spent generations mixing with the Spanish and French Creole people also settling in the area (a hot, wet, tropical area) to produce Cajuns as we know them today.

The culture is remarkably different.

My heritage and my family are distinctly Cajun, from the southeast and south-central portions of Louisiana.

marie3454
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: honda

Re: BBQ

#10 Unread post by marie3454 »

Which is best and cheap for BBQ?