New truck

sparky
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

New truck

#1 Unread post by sparky »

So I sold my truck on friday. was a little bare bones 95 nissan pickup that I've had for six years without ever replacing any non consumables, and finally decided to sell mostly due to body rust. I picked out an 07 frontier fully loaded, and yet, all I can think about is that I'm losing my truck. It was the first vehicle I purchased on my own, and the vehicle I had through college. Towed my boat all over the state with it, took crazy road trips, and modded the hell out of it. It's moved me into 3 different apartments, my first house, and even picked up my first 4 motorcycles (all of which I still have :) ). Took my wife for her first date in it. Hopefully, I'll change my tune once I'm actually driving the new one. Especially considering how much I paid for it :-P Anyone else got storied about their first cage?

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: New truck

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

sparky wrote:Anyone else got storied about their first cage?
Yeah, but it involves a bottle of Anisette and a willing female... not suitable content for this site. :wink: :P
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

All I can say is a 1966 Pontiac Gran Prix had a lot of room in the back seat for a two door.

:devil:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Shorts »

sparky, I feel the same about my Chevrolet I sold when we found we were moving here. I loved that truck. It was the one I wanted forever! My first truck bought after my accident. I could work with it. I could play with it. Solid solid truck, my "big girl" :mrgreen: If I was given a choice between my bf or truck...well, let's just say there aer lots of fish in the sea.

The Dodge was hard to let go as well. But since it was stayin in the family, it seemed like a right of passage than goodbye really. lol

I think you'll miss your old truck, rather the memories with it. And it'll bring a twinkle to your eye and thank it for such good and loyal service. You'll hold a place for it always, but you'll move forward with the new one in hopes it can serve you just as well 8)

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by roscowgo »

Yep I can relate. I see the old 85 accord that my first car around town occasionally. I always think, Hey theres my car!

I abused used beat kicked cussed and generally tried my best to murder that thing through attrition. :) Good car.

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#6 Unread post by Johnj »

Wow... I bought an 85 Accord to get me through the winter. It's been a better car then I thought it would be.

:laughing:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#7 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Noice, frontiers are sweet. I'd so go for a nice NISMO off road edition if i were shopping for a new truck.

I miss my old car. Had a 1994 Nissan Altima. Changed the oil maybe twice in the 30,000+ miles i had it over 2 years. Went through 2 sets of tires, had to replace a wheel, and finally i ripped a radius link mount off the rear subframe. Yeah, that poor car was NOT treated nicely. Makes my dirtbike look babied.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#8 Unread post by NorthernPete »

91 Pontiac Firefly....not the hatchback one.....

it was suprisingly...roomy....
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Ian522
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#9 Unread post by Ian522 »

How do you like the Frontier? Im thinking about a frontier or a toyota tacoma for my next truck. I have an F150 now but im getting killed on gas with a full size truck.

sparky
Veteran
Veteran

#10 Unread post by sparky »

Ian522 wrote:How do you like the Frontier? Im thinking about a frontier or a toyota tacoma for my next truck. I have an F150 now but im getting killed on gas with a full size truck.
I pick it up tomorrow afternoon, so I'll let you know in a few days. First impression, is it's got tons of power, and lots of room. The one I picked out doesn't have lots of crazy features, but I don't really use any of them so it works out.