Today, my life sucks

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male

Today, my life sucks

#1 Unread post by t_bonee »

It is now 11:55 pm EST March 22, 2007 and I am at still at work. I arrived at work today at ~8:15 am EST. It looks like I won't be leaving work until sometime close to that time on March 23, 2007.

I have a server that has been randomly re-booting since some point last night and have spent the better part of today troubleshooting and moving data. Of course it is the most important one that really can't be down come tomorrow. Just wanted to vent.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

Really sorry to hear that... Sometimes I'm glad I'm not a computer tech, other times (read: usually) I wish I was!
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#3 Unread post by JC Viper »

But does it run linux? :ducks:

As long as you get paid that way you can buy a better bike or other toys and this'll all be behind you.

Now get som........ (Blue Screen of Death care of MS).
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Shorts »

t-bonee, can't say I envy you - hang in there :hungry1:

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by sharpmagna »

Been there done that! Order some pizzas, it's going to be a looooong nite.
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#6 Unread post by Loonette »

Poor guy - you know "Scan" can relate. Hopefully it's all better by now (Friday AM). Remember... it's all temporary in the bigger picture.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#7 Unread post by t_bonee »

Well, it is 8:30 am March 23. I am going back into the office. I left at about 3:45 am. Home for a couple hours sleep, a shower, and some breakfast. Now back to the front.

JCViper, no unfortunately it doesn't run Linux. But if it did, this wouldn't be happening, I have pretty much eliminated hardware, virus's and 3rd party software and/or drivers. Looking more and more like a Windows corruption. And double whammy is I get paid no extra, I'm a salary guy. So maybe a couple extra days off, but no extra cash,
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by KarateChick »

Aww t... hang in there! And grab that well needed beer or drink or whatever works for you when you back home today. :grouphug2:
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

Re: Today, my life sucks

#9 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

t_bonee wrote:It is now 11:55 pm EST March 22, 2007 and I am at still at work. I arrived at work today at ~8:15 am EST. It looks like I won't be leaving work until sometime close to that time on March 23, 2007.

I have a server that has been randomly re-booting since some point last night and have spent the better part of today troubleshooting and moving data. Of course it is the most important one that really can't be down come tomorrow. Just wanted to vent.
If its any consolation, I've just spent half of yesterday and today trying to fix the payroll system, and finally found the cause to be me omitting the filename off the input file path.... even though the filename is elsewhere in the system.
Documentation would be a nice luxury to have.
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#10 Unread post by dr_bar »

Damn, I hate it when computers get their mind set on screwing up your life...

I had a spontaneous reboot problem with one of my previous computers, spent forever and a day trying to resolve it as a software issue and realized finally that it was leaking caps. Had the MOBO re-capped and everything was fine...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"