Entertaining customer from work

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

Entertaining customer from work

#1 Unread post by camthepyro »

Ok, so this was just so entertaining, I had to post it. These are the (edited to remove sensitive information) case notes from a call we got at work today. As i've said in other posts, I work in tech support for a major laptop manufacturer (you could easily find out who, if you looked at previous posts), and we occasionally get nutjobs calling us, this is one of those cases.

Basically the story is that this guy spilt milk on his girlfriend's laptop that she uses for school. This is not covered by warranty (user damage) so he had to send it to us for a billable repair. The normal quoted repair time is 5-7 business days, but because of christmas, it ended up taking roughly 10 business days. This guy was so mad about the extra couple days, that he called numerous, threatening multiple employees, etc. This are the notes entered by the various employees in this guy's case, each break is a different person typing notes.

so here it is:

Very angry cu who called at work one day - Case History (sensitive information removed)

boyfriend of cu called about the issue and was given the number to the depot/he continued to use

explitives and was released by agent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Case Numbers:

Service Call History PRINT
Prob Number M/T Serial Cust Name City St Date Received Date Closed
32Q**** 2686 L3AA388 SCOTT,AL**** SAN JOSE CA 2007/01/05 19:36 2007/01/09 11:52
31S**** 2686 L3AA388 SCH****,TORY SAN JOSE CA 2006/12/14 16:14 2006/12/19 14:36
33Q**** 2686 L3AA388 SCH****,TORI SAN JOSE CA 2006/12/12 07:32 2006/12/14 15:10
33Q**** 2686 L3AA388 AL**** SCOTT SAN JOSE CA 2006/04/22 14:00 2006/04/27 17:31
31Q**** 2686 L3AA388 SCOTT,AL**** SAN JOSE CA 2006/12/19 14:08 2007/01/03 12:40

Customer Comment / Complaint:

I spoke to Tory Seh******* he is calling on behalf of SCOTT, AL**** he wanted to complain about case

number 31S**** because his girlfriend computer a box was sent out on 12/20/2006 and she received the

computer on 01/03/2007 he said the repair took longer than expected and it cause issue with his

girlfriend schoolwork (he paid for the repairs). The repair was a billable repair and a lot of part

was repaired per solectron. Customer was very furious and I explained that it was a holiday week when

the machine was sent in and there may have been delays. I explained to the customer we normally take 4

to 5 business days when doing repairs on the machine. Customer said he needs some type of

reimbursement because his girl friend is way behind her schoolwork and it has affected he life.

Customer said that he has a loss faith in *** and need to regain his faith in *** once more. I

explained to the customer I will escalate his issue and I explained the process. I will escalate to

IBM hotline.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/27/6 confirmed spill damage on system bd(bottom Q1 and Q4), kb bezel, speakers, and wireless nic.

all parts ordered billable for customer induced damage. d. pr****

REPLACE,SYS BRD,WIRELESS NIC,SPEAKERS,KEYBD BEZEL DUE TO SPILL DAMAGE.Confirmed Spill Damage on System

Bd(bottom Q1 and Q4), KB Bezel, Speakers, and Wireless Nic. all parts ordered billable for Customer

Induced Damage. d. pr*****.OOW=OUT OF WARRANTY.(jv)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

<CASE_NOTES>
ii**** has been open as a complaint case. customer is sueing IBM to for fraud charges and put a stop

payment because the problem with his laptop was not fixed. i tried to help the customer out but since

he reversed the charge i wasn't sure what route to take so I transferred the call to my Sup.

<CASE_NOTES>
Call was escalated to him asnd I was under the impression that the machine was to return to depot as

RADE but turned out he was mad about corperate America and how it took 15 days to repair his machine

and how he had to sleep on the sofa because the girlfriend machine wasn't fix on time as promised. The

customer was cursing and going on and on and on.

1) Problem with depot
2) milk on the think pad a month after warranty
3) 30 days out of warranty

4) 5 days for repair took 15 days and he said most people are F*cking idiots and it stop working

5) I was told that customer reseverd charges on the payment

The customer was ranting and raving and cursing.
I alerted my STL and info him to listen to the call.
So the profanity and threats he made was also heard by various other people.
I didn't have a chance to even talk about the issues
He is was on rampage about f*cking big companies screwing America and how he was on a mission to ruin

their lifes. He also threaten to create blog and dam *** and fu*king this and that. He said he had an

appointment and will call back and give me hell and screw me up my as*. Then he hung up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

12.28 sending to part hold Jallen

12/27/6 confirmed spill damage on system bd(bottom Q1 and Q4), kb bezel, speakers, and wireless nic.

all parts ordered billable for customer induced damage. d. pr****

12/27 spill send to billable tmi****

***IBM Approval Comments***
12/28,APPROVED WITH CREDIT CARD BY JOE,PER AL**** SCOTT,REFERENCE#CA6QWK8********** (jv)

BILLING ADDRESS:************,SAN JOSE,CA.95123(jv)

12/28,T4,$575,DT4,LOG#RRM********* (jv)

12/28,WED,2006-09-01,PEW,MPI/PMINQ=NOF:BILLABLE REPAIR

REPLACE,SYS BRD,WIRELESS NIC,SPEAKERS,KEYBD BEZEL DUE TO SPILL DAMAGE.Confirmed Spill Damage on System

Bd(bottom Q1 and Q4), KB Bezel, Speakers, and Wireless Nic. all parts ordered billable for Customer

Induced Damage. d. pr*****.OOW=OUT OF WARRANTY.(jv)

12/27 Spill send to billable.tmi**** (jv)

<CASE_NOTES>
Case was escalated::

Customer was irate and rambling about why he recieved bad service about his girlfriend, going to CNN

(larry King), Depot. I advised the customer that someone will contact him about the case,and adress

his issues. cu just kept talking about different issues, advised cu that someone will call him back

concerning this issues. , I alerted cu that someonoe will contact him and this is the final notice and

I will disconnect the call, cu staed F### me in MY A##

call disconnected

<CASE_NOTES>

eu also made duragoroty statements using the movie Natural Born Killers
cu called again cursing and yelling about how he wants his money back cause the tp isnt working
eu states that the reason he is so upset is cause the money was spent tring to get his tp fixed while

the furniture is in storage about to be sold by the company and him and his girl just bought a house
tried to transfer to Lead but eu kept ranting about his families money and how he is going to drive

down hear and kill some one if he doesnt give him back his money-
then he started talking about how he is going to put his c**ck in somebodies mouth with a shot gun in

th a** and blow there brains out

Customer Comment / Complaint:
-cu wants his money back from the repair he paid for
-cu does not want to do any PD
-cu justs wants his money back
-cu is very upset
-cu stated he just wants his money back
-cu stated the unit comes on but the screen does not come on
-cu stated he wants his money back now

Agent Name: jenner bru******
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

That customer sounds like he is whacko.

If he has made threats then the police should handle it. He won't be so quick to talk about shooting anybody then.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#3 Unread post by Wrider »

"Hello? My coffee cup holder isn't working right! Every time I put my coffee on it, it goes back in, spilling the coffee onto the keyboard, making me shoot the coffee in my mouth onto the screen, which then drips down to the CPU, and short circuits it! I don't know what to do! Will you help?"
Lol sorry to hear about those customers, but I know exactly what you mean.
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Christina
Regular
Regular

#4 Unread post by Christina »

OMG!!! You poor thing! I handle customer service at my job - but nothing comes close to this guy - not even on a bad day. WOW!! Yes, i agree, you should always report threats to the authorities. You never know when someone is going to spill the rest of their logic and go crazy on you.
Christina
Don't make me wait for my ride!!
www.signalsorcerer.com

Philo
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Goldwing

#5 Unread post by Philo »

I work in IT for a fairly large company. We are a self maintainer for HP/Compaq, Dell, and IBM equipment. About 90% of our sevice calls are some type of user error. A couple of years ago one of our Customer Service reps had a faulty monitor. I took her a new monitor, and as I was carrying the old one away, she asked "Hey, what about all of my data in there?". :frusty: I've lost count of how many broken computers I've fixed by pushing the "ON" button. It's common for people to call me and tell me they can't log in to their PC. "Ok, let me try, what's your password?". "Uhhhhhhhh........." :roll:

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#6 Unread post by jonnythan »

"He said he had an appointment and will call back and give me hell and screw me up my as*"

That's awesome. For some reason, people don't realize that the rep on the other end of the phone is taking notes. They seem to think that whatever they say goes down the memory hole, so they can say whatever they want.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#7 Unread post by CNF2002 »

Someone should have told him that they have computers she can use in the LIBRARY! :laughing:
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#8 Unread post by Nalian »

That's a good one - I have a boatload like that as well. I used to do tech support for a number of years on wireless cards, then later enterprise anti-virus software.

The best one to me though was this old guy who was super polite. He was an older guy who didn't really use his pc much, but he wanted to get rid of this virus (magistr-b). The call basically went like this:

me: That's a pretty old virus and our software should have caught that, are you up to date?

him: Oh I know, I've actually had it for a long time but it didn't bother me. But my grandson is now using the PC and everytime I open up word it says "You are a piece of "poo poo"" and I don't want him to see that.

me: well yes, thats one of the things it will do. You say you've had it for a while? It says in my description that it will make your icons run away from your mouse, has it been doing that?

him: Oh yeah, for a long time! But I could always catch them so I figured I'd leave it alone.

I must have laughed for a good 10 minutes after that. I was just picturing this old guy sitting there at his computer planning his route to open his next program.."okay, I'll circle IE 3 times then make a beeline straight for word, it'll never see me coming!!"

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#9 Unread post by jonnythan »

Nalian wrote:him: Oh yeah, for a long time! But I could always catch them so I figured I'd leave it alone.
:laughing:

I think that's one of the best customer responses I've ever heard.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

Locopez
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 09 HD Electra Glide Classic

#10 Unread post by Locopez »

Nalian wrote:That's a good one - I have a boatload like that as well. I used to do tech support for a number of years on wireless cards, then later enterprise anti-virus software.

The best one to me though was this old guy who was super polite. He was an older guy who didn't really use his pc much, but he wanted to get rid of this virus (magistr-b). The call basically went like this:

me: That's a pretty old virus and our software should have caught that, are you up to date?

him: Oh I know, I've actually had it for a long time but it didn't bother me. But my grandson is now using the PC and everytime I open up word it says "You are a piece of "poo poo"" and I don't want him to see that.

Wow that is great..........always have to a plan of attack

me: well yes, thats one of the things it will do. You say you've had it for a while? It says in my description that it will make your icons run away from your mouse, has it been doing that?

him: Oh yeah, for a long time! But I could always catch them so I figured I'd leave it alone.

I must have laughed for a good 10 minutes after that. I was just picturing this old guy sitting there at his computer planning his route to open his next program.."okay, I'll circle IE 3 times then make a beeline straight for word, it'll never see me coming!!"
07 Suzuki DR650SE & 03 HD FLHT Elctra Glide

Rubber side down....shinny side up!