Computer questions and solutions....thereof...

Skier
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

#541 Unread post by Skier »

Google knows all and tells all.

Fur future reference, you can take screenshots of your desktop and make those into image files. Hit the print screen button (sometimes called prt scrn), which puts a screenshot into your clip board, then open up an image editing program, such as MS Paint or Paint.NET, and paste into a new document. Boom, screen shot. Save it and upload the image.
[url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98.[/url]

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#542 Unread post by Johnj »

If you press the Prt Scr button the screenshot will be on your clipboard. Then open your graphics program and import from the clipboard.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#543 Unread post by ofblong »

Skier wrote:Google knows all and tells all.

Fur future reference, you can take screenshots of your desktop and make those into image files. Hit the print screen button (sometimes called prt scrn), which puts a screenshot into your clip board, then open up an image editing program, such as MS Paint or Paint.NET, and paste into a new document. Boom, screen shot. Save it and upload the image.
its better to use ALT+Prt Scrn as that will take only a screenshot of the currently selected window (meaning that blue strip on the top must be a dark blue not a light blue). So in this instance it would have only taken a screen shot of the fault itself and not the whole desktop.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

Skier

#544 Unread post by Skier »

ofblong wrote:
Skier wrote:Google knows all and tells all.

its better to use ALT+Prt Scrn as that will take only a screenshot of the currently selected window (meaning that blue strip on the top must be a dark blue not a light blue). So in this instance it would have only taken a screen shot of the fault itself and not the whole desktop.
I debated adding that to my instructions, but decided to keep it at baby steps for now. ;)
[url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98.[/url]

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#545 Unread post by dr_bar »

Skier wrote:I debated adding that to my instructions, but decided to keep it at baby steps for now. ;)

Now, now, just because she's blonde, doesn't mean you have to take it easy on her. When I first met Blues2cruise, she was totally baffled by the simplest computer issue. Now I bet she's willing to tackle registry issues... Don't sell Blues short, or she will definitely swing. She has a mean right but a wicked left, (don't ask me how I know... ).

:roll: :laughing: :laughing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#546 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Thank you for your help, everyone. I did go and look at the link to the help. I followed the instructions. I tried to do a system restore to before the computer started doing this....
I'll go look more thoroughly through the help files to see if I can figure it out.
The first try with the other suggestion did not work.

I'll look into it later; I'm heading to work now.

blues2cruise

Re: Computer questions and solutions....thereof...

#547 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Is it possible to make a wired desktop into a wireless one?

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#548 Unread post by Wrider »

Yep, get yourself a wireless card. Have someone install it (involves opening up the case and putting it into the proper slot so pretty easy if you want to tackle it yourself.) Then turn on the computer, install the software, and viola! No more ethernet cords running to your computer.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#549 Unread post by pchast »

It needs to be said that that opens your computer to anyone in the vicinity. You need to set up networking security to keep things fairly safe. Its not difficult to do. The directions should come with the card. Do not leave any default names.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

blues2cruise

#550 Unread post by blues2cruise »

pchast and wrider. Thank you.