After College

kali
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by kali »

blues2cruise wrote:Serving your country is a noble thing to do. Whether it's military, police, fire, or missionary.

You have to follow your heart.
Last time blue. I promise.

If you think your serving your country consider this from a Gerald Ford commentator today. (and they wonder why people don't vote)

Ford was surrounded by bellicose advisors such as his secretary of state, Henry Kissinger; his vice president, Nelson Rockefeller; his chief of staff, and later secretary of defense, Donald Rumsfeld and his presidential assistant, Dick Cheney.

30 years later, how many presidents, and it's still the same people giving the marching orders to;
the accidental president - Ford
the alzheimer/actor president - Reagan
the stupidest president - Bush

It's noble to kill and die on these guys say so?
Platitudes kill!

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#22 Unread post by blues2cruise »

First of all, I am Canadian. I don't think war will ever solve the problems.

And yes, I agree with you that your president leaves much to be desired.....just as our Prime Minister does.

I am now leaving this discussion because it has gotten way off topic.

asiantay
Legendary
Legendary

#23 Unread post by asiantay »

Well... thanks for all the comments. I'll talk this over with a friend at UCI, whom is extremely smart, much more so than her ex, who is @ssoff. Thanks everyone.

P.S., no stalkers, please. :D
Lenny: Hey George I want a dog.
George: Shut up Lenny, you're too stupid for a dog.
Lenny: At least I'm not an @ssoff.

- Of As and Off

qwerty
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#24 Unread post by qwerty »

asiantay wrote:Well... thanks for all the comments. I'll talk this over with a friend at UCI, whom is extremely smart, much more so than her ex, who is @ssoff. Thanks everyone.

P.S., no stalkers, please. :D
She isn't to smart, she hooked up with an "@ssoff".
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

asiantay
Legendary
Legendary

#25 Unread post by asiantay »

qwerty wrote:
She isn't to smart, she hooked up with an "@ssoff".
Come on, we all make stupid irrational decisions that end up being regrettable mistakes. Who HASN'T gotten into a relationship they end up regretting?

Please don't blame her naivette... personally, I blame the @ssoff for being an insecure, entitlement-minded jerk (his daddy bails him out at life when he fails).

But thanks for the comments.
Lenny: Hey George I want a dog.
George: Shut up Lenny, you're too stupid for a dog.
Lenny: At least I'm not an @ssoff.

- Of As and Off

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#26 Unread post by Kal »

There are members of TMW who are serving, some of them in Iraq. I believe MackTruckTurner is one of them. Hopefully one of them will be along shortly or pm you with advice.

I never joined up and sometimes I think I should have done, most of my year from school did because they were the only people hiring school leavers.

What I can tell you from their experience is that when you sign your name on that contract you have to be certain that you are doing the right thing.

There are three things you have to be certain of

1) That you can follow orders regardles of whether or not you believe it is the right thing to do. Not following orders can get you and your unit killed.

2) Your life isnt your own. You may have to surrender your life for reasons that may not make sense to you.

3) You may have to kill someone in the line of duty.

The Royal Marines selection process includes this question.

"It is possible in the event of civil disturbance that Royal Marines maybe deployed against UK civilians. In the event that you see members of your own family among the civlians could you open fire if ordered to?"

To be honest I lost touch with the guy who was joining the Marines shortly after his selection intereview so I don't know if the correct answer is yes or no, but it is a possibility he may have to face in the course of service.
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman

kali
Veteran
Veteran

#27 Unread post by kali »

Kal wrote:
The Royal Marines selection process includes this question.

"It is possible in the event of civil disturbance that Royal Marines maybe deployed against UK civilians. In the event that you see members of your own family among the civlians could you open fire if ordered to?"
I think they should change the question to a simple, "are you insane?"
Platitudes kill!

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#28 Unread post by Kal »

Well thats why the question sticks in my mind Pete was debating his answer for a long time as technically the answer should be Yes follow the chain of command but at the same point her Majesty isnt in the habit of employing psycopaths...
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman