Best Bloody Mary Mix?

MonkeyMaw
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Best Bloody Mary Mix?

#1 Unread post by MonkeyMaw »

My best friend loves her Bloody Marys.
When she came to visit us last month we took her to a peach stand that sells home-made relishes, jellies, pickled vegetables, etc. She was amazed at "all the things you can pickle" and kept saying "Ooh, this would be great in a Bloody Mary".
I'm going to get all the items she oohed and ahhed over and ship them to her for Christmas. I'd like to include a bottle of GOOD Bloody Mary Mix.
Does anyone have a favorite bottled mix? Does anyone have a fantastic recipe? She's a bit of a gourmet and she's not afraid of spicy.
Thanks for any ideas.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Re: Best Bloody Mary Mix?

#2 Unread post by dr_bar »

MonkeyMaw wrote:My best friend loves her Bloody Marys.
When she came to visit us last month we took her to a peach stand that sells home-made relishes, jellies, pickled vegetables, etc. She was amazed at "all the things you can pickle" and kept saying "Ooh, this would be great in a Bloody Mary".
I'm going to get all the items she oohed and ahhed over and ship them to her for Christmas. I'd like to include a bottle of GOOD Bloody Mary Mix.
Does anyone have a favorite bottled mix? Does anyone have a fantastic recipe? She's a bit of a gourmet and she's not afraid of spicy.
Thanks for any ideas.
For starters, get her off of the "mary's" and into the Caesars Mmmmmmmmmmm...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Rydr
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by Rydr »

I agree with dr_bar, Caesars are the way to go.

For the mix I use Mottes Spicy Clamato Juice.

:spot:

kellanv
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by kellanv »

I bartend part time and we have tried a bunch of different bloody mary mixes and the one I've liked the most hands down is "Zing Zang". You can get it in the grocery store. Its prespiced and tastes really good. Its gotten to the point that I'll only drink BMs with that stuff.

-Kellan
[color=red]I know I'm a dick...no need to point that out.[/color]
[img]http://www.kellanvincent.com/sig.jpg[/img]
[color=red]Thanks and Gig 'Em[/color]

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#5 Unread post by t_bonee »

Spicy Hot V8 juice is what I use when I make them. But, umm, I've only made them myself once or twice.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?