Anybody a fan of Live Comedy (Stand-up)

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Anybody a fan of Live Comedy (Stand-up)

#1 Unread post by BlueBomber »

I've been performing Stand-Up comedy for the past month. I really like it myself.

I'm going to keep plugging away at it in my spare time, and I hope to one day make something of it. If you have a myspace account you can check me out of there...well you can check me out whether or not you have an account!

http://www.myspace.com/willacarpenter

Check it out and let me know what you think...

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#2 Unread post by camthepyro »

I love stand-up. I'll check that out as soon as I'm not at work, which will be in like 12 hours, lol.
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by BlueBomber »

camthepyro wrote:I love stand-up. I'll check that out as soon as I'm not at work, which will be in like 12 hours, lol.
Not really anything funny there right now. I need a better camera...one that I can in some way upload video to my computer with.

My girlfriend specifically went against my wishes and tried to used her digital camera...and it did EXACTLY what I said it would and it popped and whirred REALLY bad with the sound from the speakers.

oh well.

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by Apollofrost »

Ok, now you're entering my area of expertise(which many of you have guessed by now isn't spelling) though I'll admit that I haven't done any video for the last two years.

What camera do you have? Whats your budget for filming your act?

To upload video to your computer you're going to need a camera with USB2.0 out or Firewire out, + software to do video capture ("premier" or any of the free programs, try em out see what works for you.)

Alternately you could buy a video capture card or a device that accepts RCA inputs (the red, white, and yellow wires) and connects to your computer via USB then just plug your camera's RCA inputs into the capture device and use the bundled software to capture the video to your computer. I'm sure that they will include much clearer instructions with the device if you get one.

As for sound, with almost all video cameras and a stock mic it's going to be terrible. The HandyCam series of cameras, for example, record sounds
coming from the sides much clearer than what is right in front of them. The crowd noise will drown you out.

You might consider purchasing (if your camera is compatable) a "shotgun mic" which is a type of "directional microphone" so that it will record sounds coming from where the camera is looking, but not the sides. IE, You on stage.

An other option is getting a wireless mic and either clipping the mic to your shirt or plugging it into the house sound system(ask the sound guy/gal next time you see them).

Just for the sake of being complete I'll add this but it would be a pain to do and not really worth it. you could have someone record the sound, someone else do the video, then splice the two together on your computer. The downside is that if your software will even allow you do do this, you have to get the timing just right so you don't end up with the "badly dubbed kung fu effect".

Hope this helps, good luck man!
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

Rydr
Elite
Elite

stand up comedy

#5 Unread post by Rydr »

I enjoy going to a Comedy Club now and then. I admire a good stand up Comedian. I know I wouldn't want to get up there on the stage. I have a hard enough time getting a laugh when I tell a joke to friends.

If you enjoy doing stand up comedy then keep doing and good luck. It's a rare gift when you can make people laugh and smile and forget some of their day to day problems.