Im going to H e LL

MrGompers
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#41 Unread post by MrGompers »

The other 29 states can't be far behind.

And starting January 1st, 2007 all US citizens leaving the country will have to have a US passport to get back in. This includes Canada & Mexico.

That should stop the terrorists(tm) and the illegal aliens.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#42 Unread post by dr_bar »

MrGompers wrote:And starting January 1st, 2007 all US citizens leaving the country will have to have a US passport to get back in.
If I'm not mistaken, this date has been pushed back a year or two...

At a few crossings on the BC / Washington border, they are going to test a drivers license scanner that would negate the use of a passport. Both BC and Wa. are concerned about the loss of tourist revenue with the up coming 2010 Olympics in the Vancouver area. I hope they work it out and Homeland security loses this round...

What I don't understand is the American willingness to forfeit their hard won freedoms... :?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

MrGompers
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#43 Unread post by MrGompers »

I didn't know the olympics were being held in BC. They will adjust their policies in order to get money, so no worries there.

I wonder tho if they have some kind of scanner that must mean a drivers license has a bar code. What about people from other states ? My Conn license doesn't have a bar code.

MrGompers
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#44 Unread post by MrGompers »

dr_bar wrote:
MrGompers wrote:And starting January 1st, 2007 all US citizens leaving the country will have to have a US passport to get back in.
If I'm not mistaken, this date has been pushed back a year or two...
I don't think so. I just received a memo from the HR dept at the company I work for about this. Thats why it is fresh in my mind. Alot of people in my office travel outside of the US on business.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#45 Unread post by dr_bar »

From the US customs and border protection site... It's a little confusing having two seperate dates for basically the same thing???? :?

I realize one is for air, the other is for land and sea...

Under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)
The proposed implementation timeline has two phases:

In January 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document.

As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security.

While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

MrGompers
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#46 Unread post by MrGompers »

Yea that is confusing. I wonder if I can swim back into the US without a passport?

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#47 Unread post by JC Viper »

Actually the Homeland Security might go a step further and we may have to be cleared to be able to leave the country.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#48 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Interesting, but little to do with tazing 6 year olds....
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#49 Unread post by Shorts »

Considering that if you fly from Conus you need a passport for customs to enter another country...

We travel with a passport all the time.

As for tazering 6year olds, it should be done more often on long flights, especially those traveling overseas :mrgreen:

Candy750
Legendary
Legendary

#50 Unread post by Candy750 »

I don't agree with alot of things about the law... But I learned young growing up if a cop tells you to stop - then STOP! If you are asked to leave - then LEAVE. If you have to produce id - GET IT OUT. period.

When cops are asking you for whatever, even if they are complete and total a-holes, you will fare alot better if you DO whatever, and ask questions later. If they are just out to break b*lls, fine, if there is someone they are looking for, if they thought you did something... it is alot easier to comply, then find out later.

I spent some time working in law enforcement. If a person refuses to show id, stop, leave, you can ONLY imagine there is something wrong. Just like a lie - one lie to a LEO means everthing you say may be a lie....

Right or wrong. Comply.

PS - have been tasered (training). It's worse than my dogs' invisible fence collar - that only made my arm feel funny - like a more harsh funny bone hit. It's about like when I put the lightbulb in a live socket while holding wet metal - that blew me off the porch!!
Candy 750