car broken into

iwannadie
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

car broken into

#1 Unread post by iwannadie »

god i hate this, someone broken into my old beat up looking supra and stole my stereo(not an expensive one). but they tore my dashboard up trying to get it out. obviously not know what they were doing. going to cost me more than the price of the stereo to repair my dash. they even popped the trunk thinking i had amp/subs back there but i dont. i have expensive door speakers they tried to get them i can see marks on the plastic where he tried a screw driver that was too big, so he left them at least. im hoping he comes back tonight and try for the door speakers so i can walk out with my gun and say hi.

just pisses me off that noone in my apartment complex seen/heard anything or cared enough to call the police or anything at all. the one night i wasnt home it happens too. i feel so helpless now.

oldnslo
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model1983 Yamaha Seca 900

#2 Unread post by oldnslo »

Take the bodies to an area where a lot of meat-eating animals live, and they will take care of the evidence. Just leave them on the ground...
John
"83 XJ900RK

IT'S ABOUT OIL, MONEY, AND POWER, ALL OF THE TIME.

iwannadie
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#3 Unread post by iwannadie »

legally what kind of ground would i stand on if something happend.

i walk out see a guy in my car he raises what i think is a gun and points it at me and open fire to protect myself. would i do jail time or be let off?

oldnslo
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model1983 Yamaha Seca 900

#4 Unread post by oldnslo »

Just call the cops if you see somebody messing with your car. Try to get a plate number, even if it may be stolen. No point in getting into trouble. If you're gonna shoot, better find out what the law says. In a lot of places, even if you justifiably shoot someone, their family can sue you for financial compensation for wrongful death. Or, presuming you don't shoot to kill, the guy you shoot can sue you, too. A lot of responsibility comes with a gun.
John
"83 XJ900RK

IT'S ABOUT OIL, MONEY, AND POWER, ALL OF THE TIME.

iwannadie
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#5 Unread post by iwannadie »

my gf wanted me to call the cops, but i saw no point really except draw attention to my car even more. the cops will just do a report over the phone thats it. i have no info as i didnt see/hear anything.

i dont think i really end up shooting anyone... but was just curious on possible legal problems. kinda sucks even if someone had a gun pointed at you that you cant legal kill them ya know.

9000white
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by 9000white »

a lot of the time it is a good friend or one of his buddies that do this crap--never tell anyone that you will be away from home so they will know when to steal your stuff.
dr bob

Meanie
Legendary
Legendary

#7 Unread post by Meanie »

Reminds me of a friends of mine back in the late 80s who also had a very nice Supra. He had his radio stolen twice. The thief would grab the back and yank it out. He decided to get even. He taped a bunch of razor blades on the back facing down so they would seriously do some damage to a person who yanks from the back of the radio. It worked. One morning he entered his car and saw blood everywhere, but the radio was still there. He said it was a bit to clean up but well worth it. He laughed for a week.
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

iwannadie
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#8 Unread post by iwannadie »

thats great stuff. i was thinking of stuff like that. but that would just bring a whole world of retaliation back against your car. i dont want to go out and find all my tires slashed and my windows smashed in. would cost more to fix all that than what i paid for the car...

makes me not want to have a nice car/bike untill i can get them in a nice safe garage now.

Meanie wrote:Reminds me of a friends of mine back in the late 80s who also had a very nice Supra. He had his radio stolen twice. The thief would grab the back and yank it out. He decided to get even. He taped a bunch of razor blades on the back facing down so they would seriously do some damage to a person who yanks from the back of the radio. It worked. One morning he entered his car and saw blood everywhere, but the radio was still there. He said it was a bit to clean up but well worth it. He laughed for a week.

Rebecca
Veteran
Veteran

Re: car broken into

#9 Unread post by Rebecca »

iwannadie wrote:god i hate this, someone broken into my old beat up looking supra and stole my stereo(not an expensive one). but they tore my dashboard up trying to get it out. obviously not know what they were doing. going to cost me more than the price of the stereo to repair my dash. they even popped the trunk thinking i had amp/subs back there but i dont. i have expensive door speakers they tried to get them i can see marks on the plastic where he tried a screw driver that was too big, so he left them at least. im hoping he comes back tonight and try for the door speakers so i can walk out with my gun and say hi.

just pisses me off that noone in my apartment complex seen/heard anything or cared enough to call the police or anything at all. the one night i wasnt home it happens too. i feel so helpless now.
Just watch from a far and call the law..
Make that police report even if it may be over the phone, then turn it in on your insurance :wink:
I accept my own life as a blessing and a gift

IrishJim
Regular
Regular

#10 Unread post by IrishJim »

Well, when my friend had his car broken into a couple of weeks in a row, he just waited in the dark for the guy. When it happened again, he just left him in the middle of the road. The police came and he just said he had never seen the guy before, his word against the guys, nothing came of it. But i beleive that if someone tried to break into/steal something of yours they should be prepared for anything that could happen to them. It shouldn't be the way they the owner can not do anything. They are commiting a crime so they take a risk.
Who will guard the guards?