Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Van de Ven Victorious in Indonesia

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Van de Ven Victorious in Indonesia

The 2017 FIM Women's Motocross World Championship will traverse six rounds this season and it all started today on an all new track, at an all new location in Pangkal Pinang, Indonesia. NoFear Yamaha Official WMX's Nancy Van de Ven took the first victory of the season onboard her YZ250F in a race of attrition and drama that saw the four-time WMX world champion Kiara Fontanesi forced back to thirteenth after her bike got swallowed up by a mud hole, while Kiwi sensation Courtney Duncan had to grind her way back to fifth after going down hard at turn one.

With the grand prix taking place in the middle of Indonesia's wet season, the world's fastest females had to battle some gruelling conditions, sludgy mud, sea deep ruts, and extreme heat. Momentum, throttle control and balance were the keys to the race, and those keys were in firm grip of Nancy Van de Ven as she sat in the driver's seat from start to finish to win by a mind-blowing 1 minute and 27 seconds over fellow Yamaha rider and compatriot Nicky Van Wordragen.

Altherm Yamaha Official WMX's Courtney Duncan tucked the front and crashed on the first turn which meant she had to spend the rest of the race pulling tear-off's and eating roost as she diced her way through the pack. Despite the circumstances, the determined Kiwi battled her way from dead last all the way back to a commendable fifth.

The four-time WMX world champion Kiara Fontanesi had the speed and the stamina as she danced in perfect time with her YZ250F out on the soft and slippery mud of Pangkal Pinang. Looking relaxed and comfortable, the MXFonta Yamaha Official WMX rider made light work of the reigning world champion, Livia Lancelot, with a text book pass up the inside for second place.

Thanks to the constant and heavy rain, certain parts of the track were like quicksand. No one knows better than Fontanesi who after clawing her way back to second place found herself waist-deep in a mud hole and going nowhere. Despite not finishing the race, she was still awarded thirteenth place.

Nancy Van de Ven

"The race was really good, I was just a little bit stressed because I couldn't read the pit-board so I didn't know I had such a big gap, but I am happy that I won."

Courtney Duncan

"I went down on the start, I got a little bit of whiskey and ended up tucking the front on the first turn. You can' t win a championship at the first round, but you can lose it so I just didn't give up and fought all the way to the finish. I still got some reasonably good points so for a bad race, I think I did alright."

Kiara Fontanesi

"I am so frustrated. I did every day, everything perfect. I'm in perfect condition, it's all there. I am there, my bike is there, everything is perfect and I can't even finish the race because I was stuck."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.