Westmoreland joins Gearlink Kawasaki to race in the British Superbike Championship

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Westmoreland joins Gearlink Kawasaki to race in the British Superbike Championship

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

James Westmoreland has signed for Gearlink Kawasaki and will make his return to the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship for the 2017 season.

Runner-up in the Dickie British Supersport Championship last year, Westmoreland achieved two race wins and a further nine podium finishes. He’s previously been a podium finisher in the Superbike class; scoring his first top three finish at Thruxton in 2015.

2017 will mark the 13th consecutive season of racing in the British paddock for the Gearlink Kawasaki team – and their fourth campaign in the premier class.

The Gearlink Kawasaki team will also contest the Dickies British Supersport Championship with Andrew Irwin and Ben Currie.

James Westmoreland said: “I’m really pleased to join Gearlink Kawasaki for this season and to be back in the Superbike Championship after a really good season in the Supersport class. I’ve known Michael and Norma for many years and I’m happy to be joining their team and the Superbike project – I really appreciate the opportunity. I’m looking forward to riding the latest Kawasaki ZX-10R and getting testing underway now. I have some fond memories already of the ZX-10R from my podium in 2015 and I am very motivated to repeat that.

“The Superbike class looks to be one of the most competitive in years and I’m really pleased to be part of it. I really want to show what I am capable of and I know that the Gearlink Kawasaki team will support me all the way.”

Team Owner Michael de Bidaph commented: “Having been in talks with James Westmoreland over the last month or so we are thrilled to have now secured a deal that suits both parties. James and I both realise that this is bound to be another tough year in the Superbike class but I am sure that we can have a competitive season especially as he rode our Superbike at the last round in 2015 so we already know how to work with each other.”

Senior Racing Co-ordinator for Kawasaki Motors UK, Ross Burridge, added: “It’s great to have Westy back on Kawasaki and back with the Gearlink squad. He certainly has unfinished business on the Kawasaki and with the new Ninja ZX-10R underneath him, I am sure he will settle in well right from the off. We wish him the best of luck for the 2017 season.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.