totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Tanke Finishes Season with a Win

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Beta factory rider Morgan Tanke capped off her EnduroX season with a win at the final round in Ontario, California. The young racer piloted her Beta Xtrainer to the top spot of the podium in front of a sold out crowd at Citizens Bank Arena. With the win, Tanke finished second in the Women's EnduroX championship.

"I couldn't be happier to get a win at my hometown race! I rode consistent all race and at the end had a big gap on the rest of the field. It was awesome having all of the Beta dealers and all of the Beta USA staff there as well. And I can't thank Beta enough for such a great year!" Tanke explains.

Morgan Tanke and her Xtrainer in Ontario

Factory Beta racer and rookie Ty Cullins had his best finish of his young career with a 4th place in Ontario. The young racer from Riverside, California worked hard and battled with many of the top riders to put his stamp on the season.

Cullins describes his race, "I rode consistent in my heat race and got 2nd which put me in a position to do the night time hot laps where I got 3rd which gave me a great gate pick for the main. I was 2nd off the start and ran consistent the whole race and ran 3rd for about half the race and ended up 4th at the finish."

Cullins recently turned 18 and earned a career best finish in Ontario.

Beta USA's Tim Pilg had this to say, "I was very pleased to see Ty have a breakout ride in Ontario. I have known Ty since he was 10 and it has been a pleasure to watch him mature as a young man and racer. I call him the quiet one as he is pretty shy however he has strong determination when he is on the bike."

Cullins teammates Kyle Redmond and Max Gerston transferred straight to the main events from their qualifiers however both riders struggled to move to the front in the main event after a few mistakes. Redmond finished the night in 8th and Gerston finished 11th.

Kyle Redmond looked good all night but a few mistakes cost him the podium.

The Ontario event was special for Beta USA as they held their dealer meeting the same weekend so there were more than 150 Beta dealers in the stands which created a huge Beta cheering section.

Max Gerston will be hungry for some wins in 2017. (photo by Adam Booth)

Sincerely,
Your Beta Crew
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.