totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Tim Edberg to Strengthen 2017 Yamaha MJC Yamaha Official EMX125 Rider Line-Up

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Yamaha Motor Europe N.V.'s racing committee is happy to announce that YZ125 Cup rider Tim Edberg (15 years old / Sweden) will team up with Rick Elzinga (14 years old / The Netherlands) and Thibault Benistant (14 years old / France) to take on the 2017 EMX125 Championship.

The youngster was selected by Yamaha Motor Europe N.V.'s racing committee to join the Yamaha MJC Yamaha Official EMX125 Team following his strong performance in the SuperFinale at the VELTINS-Arena on October 8th, where he finished second, and during the Masterclass training programme from November 18th - 20th where his maturity and well-rounded riding style shone.

For his upcoming first professional EMX125 season, Edberg will be provided with the new 2017 MJC Yamaha YZ125 bike which will be fitted with the GYTR kit and he will also receive full support from Yamaha's bLU cRU, including Alberto Barozzi, Yamaha Motor Europe N.V.'s bLU cRU Racing Manager, Loïc Le Foll, MJC Yamaha Official EMX125 Team Principal and 2008 MX Premier Class (MX1) Champion David Philippaerts, who is a bLU cRU Ambassador.

For more information on the YZ125 bike see Yamaha-Motor.eu.

Next year's 2017 YZ125 bLU cRU Cup will follow a similar outline as this year's with riders competing in their respective national championships on a YZ125 bike, in order to qualify for the SuperFinale, to be held at the Monster Energy FIM MXoN in Matterley Basin on October 21st, 2017, in front of thousands of passionate motocross fans as well as MX-superstars.

For more information on the YZ125 bLU cRU Cup see Yamaha-Racing.com.

Alberto Barozzi

Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. bLU cRU Racing Manager

"First of all I want to say a big congratulations to Tim, his level has been very impressive in all stages of this Masterclass and I have come to know him as a really determined boy. I think he will have every chance to improve his sporting career thanks to the bLU cRU programme, with the help of Loïc Le Foll. The MJC Yamaha Official EMX125 Team will give him full support and will use all their experience to discover his full potential on the YZ125 official bike and they will help him set up his professional career to take the best results. With Rick Elzinga and Thibault Benistant as teammates in the MJC team, we officially confirm the full rider line-up for the EMX125 class and we look forward to a positive future for the upcoming season. A special thanks to the other Masterclass boys. They have been awesome and also showed a very high skill level. We now eagerly await for everybody to sign up for the YZ 125 bLU cRU cup 2017 edition."

Loïc Le Foll

MJC Yamaha Official EMX125 Team Principal

"I chose Tim as the winner of the YZ125 Cup with Alberto Barozzi and David Philippaerts because it was evident in all exercises that he has a very quick understanding and he follows our advice very well. He already has very good speed and he is as strong in the sand as he is on a hard-pack track and he is in very good physical shape. Tim will benefit from an official contract, like Thibault Benistant and Rick Elzinga, and he will receive full material and professional support. We hope for next year to achieve a top-eight performance in the EMX125 Championship, so we would like to start training with the full team soon because there is a lot of work to do."

Untitled

Tim Edberg

YZ125 Cup Winner

"My dad called me and said that I was the one they picked and I couldn't believe it! After a while I started crying, it was so emotional and I was really happy and sent a message to the Team Manager of the MJC Yamaha Official EMX125 Team to thank him from the bottom of my heart. I was really emotional and really happy. I look forward to a really good year in the EMX class with the MJC team. They have a lot of experience in the MXGP-field and with them I feel like I can fight for top ten or top five finishes."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.