Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

DAVIDE BRIVIO ASSESSES 2016 AND PREVIEWS 2017 MotoGP™

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

DAVIDE @BRIVIO ASSESSES 2016 AND PREVIEWS 2017 @MotoGP™

Team Suzuki Press Office – November 14.

Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Team Manager Davide Brivio has spoken today in Valencia ahead the first testing of the 2017 season tomorrow, to make a general assessment of the 2016 season for Suzuki and the first two years in MotoGP™ after Suzuki’s comeback.

Says Brivio: “Today is a quite important day for us as we are facing important changes. Officially this is the first day of the 2017 Championship and we are welcoming two new riders, which makes this a fresh new start for us. But we have also just finished our last race, which was only yesterday, so we still have fresh in our mind all what happened in these first two years, and especially in 2016, which has been an emotional season for us.

“We are quite happy for what we have achieved. We feel we did very good improvements, especially in the second-half of the season, I would say from Brno on and also after the victory we got in Silverstone we could fight consistently within the top riders. We still have some issues in the wet, but in dry races we were always fighting for the podium.

“Also our riders played a very important role: Maverick of course has grown-up very much and he could race very well exploiting the potential of our machine, but also in some races like Japan or Australia in the dry, also Aleix was in the condition to fight for the podium. This is a very important sign for our development.”

Expectations for 2017:

“If I think back to the beginning of this 2016 season, I remember we said that our target was to continue getting closer-and-closer to the top. We achieved a good level of performance and we hit our target in some races, so the target for 2017 is to be more consistent in this fight for the podium and do it on a regular basis.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.