Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

GRAHAM JARVIS WINS GETZENRODEO

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

GRAHAM JARVIS WINS #GETZENRODEO
#BRITISH EXTREME #ENDURO STAR EARNS THIRD CONSECUTIVE VICTORY IN @GERMANY

Claiming a hat trick of wins in the German extreme enduro, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider Graham Jarvis once again proved unbeatable in the event. Teammate Mario Roman joined the Brit on the podium by finishing third.

With the GetzenRodeo held every two years, Jarvis entered this year’s race having won the previous two editions and was determined to make it a third.

Using the morning’s two-hour qualifier to settle into things, Jarvis started inside the top five and steadily worked his way up to third by the race’s end, all the while conserving energy for the five-lap main event to come.

With main rivals Alfredo Gomez and Jonny Walker starting first, Jarvis set off determined to close down their 10-second advantage. Rapidly eating up their lead, he caught the duo on the opening lap’s final rocky climb. Scaling it quicker, he hit the front and never looked back.

Continuing to build on his lead during the final four laps of the race, he entered the winner’s enclosure almost three minutes in front.

Behind Jarvis the fight was on for the remainder of the podium steps as teammate Roman also looked to put his TE 300 inside the top three.

Closing in on rivals Walker and Gomez, the Husqvarna rider made a decisive pass for third on the technical rock climb at the end of lap two. From there he controlled his position to end the race third.

The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team now look to build on their success next weekend, November 4-6, at the Hixpania Hard Enduro in Spain.

Graham Jarvis: “I’m delighted with how things have turned out. To get my third straight GetzenRodeo win is just incredible. With this race only held every second year it’s difficult to win. But I really enjoy the conditions here, it’s snotty and technical and suits my style. I was third in the qualifier but was trying to save some energy for the main race. I started third in the main race and charged hard straight away. I got into the lead before the end of lap one on a long tricky rocky climb and pulled a gap over the other guys. From then on I sort of rode my own race and it came my way.”

Mario Roman: “I’m so happy to be on the podium, it’s a fantastic feeling. Everything went really well for me today. I felt strong and comfortable on my bike and knew in the difficult sections I had some good line choices I could use if needed. The pace was fast almost immediately, Graham was in the lead but Alfredo, Jonny and myself were battling hard. On lap two I got around Jonny on a rocky climb and from there on held third position. It’s been a great day.”

Results - GetzenRodeo 2016
1. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) 5 laps, 53:30.211
2. Alfredo Gomez (KTM) 5 laps, 56:25.866
3. Mario Roman (Husqvarna) 58:42.972
4. Jonny Walker (KTM) 1:01:08.408
5. Blake Gutzeit (Yamaha) 1:15:03.588
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.