EJC 2016 Cabuk dominates Lausitzring EJC race as Perez extends championship lead Round 5 – Germany

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

EJC 2016 Cabuk dominates Lausitzring EJC race as Perez extends championship lead Round 5 – Germany

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@EJC 2016 #Cabuk dominates @Lausitzring EJC race as Perez extends championship lead Round 5 – #Germany
Lausitzring, Germany

Harun Cabuk (KNN54-TMF) in dominant fashion has won the 9-lap WilSport European Junior Cup, powered by Honda race at the Lausitzring in Germany, the fifth of the 2016 season. After sitting out the last two races due to injury, the young Turkish rider returned to action fully fit after the long summer break. Starting from second place on the grid, Kenan Sofuoglu’s protégé began to pull away as soon as a dry line started to appear around the track and crossed the line with a massive 11-second advantage over Spain’s Mika Perez (Granshagen Racing Team).
South Africa’s Troy Bezuidenhout (Into The Blue Diving – Costa del Sol) claimed his first podium of the season in third place, ahead of Italy’s Giuseppe De Gruttola (SK-Racing Team) and Hungary’s Richard Bodis (H-Moto Team). Avalon Biddle (Avalon Biddle Racing) edged out Charlie Oakland (DF Racing) by just 0.045s to claim first place in FIM Europe Women’s European Cup courtesy of a 15th place overall finish.
With today’s second place, Perez has increased his championship lead to 37 points over Paolo Grassia (Chiodo Moto Racing), who was 7th at the chequered flag.
The sixth round of the 2016 WilSport European Junior Cup, powered by Honda, will take place in two weekends at the Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours in central France.

Harun Cabuk 54
Winner
I was really careful at the start of the race because the track was very slippery. I got more confident after three laps or so with the bike, the tyres and the track surface so I decided to push and pull away. I rode the race the way I wanted to and won it, so I’m very happy about it. We’re still a long way from the top but anything can happen, so I will stay focused for the remaining three races of the season.
- KNN54 – TMF

Gerry Bryce
Series Director
There were difficult conditions and a very wet track, but we were fortunate that it was drying up so the riders could enjoy a small dry line as the race progressed. Harun Cabuk has bounced back from some misfortunes in the early part of the season to dominate the race and finish with the biggest ever margin in the history of the series. He really is a big talent and truly deserved the win. Mika Perez rode a smart race and was clever to take 20 points rather than pushing for the win, as it was still very wet in places. Really happy also for one of the youngest riders in the series, Troy Bezuidenhout, who rode a brilliant race and took his first podium. All in all, it was a brilliant race.
- WIL Sport European Junior Cup, powered by Honda
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.